cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

steverob321

It's been one week

It has been one full week of non-smoking since I decided to quit cold turkey. I had really bad cravings the first 3 days, ( I smoked a pack a day on average) but now I don't feel the urge to smoke at all. When I wake up in the mornings now, I'm not coughing my lungs up, and I can feel myself able to take deeper breaths than before. I feel I am on the path to becoming an ex!!! Also I've noticed that food tastes a lot better too!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
lisa192

I am quitting on Monday, April 12th.  I have smoked for way too many years.  Never joined an online support group.  I hope this time my quitting will work. 

0 Kudos
steverob321

I hope it works too, if you ever want to talk I am here, and I will try my best to help you reach your goals! Good luck on your journey.

Steve

0 Kudos
tracyjhi

I am on day 3 here.  I feel like I am really ready this time.  I just need motivation and support.  My body is just so tired and I just want to sleep for a few days but I think I will be ok.  I just have to fight the urge.  I think that if you take the time to seek out help, you are ready.

0 Kudos
steverob321

After day 3 the worst of the cravings begin to stop, and you can start tasting things better too since your taste buds aren't being absorbed with carbon monoxide. It's been almost two weeks with no cigarettes for me and I can tell you that I have a lot more energy than before and I can walk up a flight of stairs without stopping to catch my breath. All these things are milestones to our ultimate goal: quitting. I am here to motivate and support you, and I want both of us to succeed.

0 Kudos
karla7

Another 21 hours and it will be a week for me!  I had to quit due to medical problems.  I have quit 3 times before and always gone back with the "I'll just have one" excuse.  I know that doesn't ever work.  I just hope I can stay quit with the stresses of work and health issues.  Can't wait to start saving all that money again.  The gum and meds cost the same as the smokes this week.  Next week I'll be rich !!! ???  It really was easier this time than expected.

0 Kudos
steverob321

That's great, yesterday I played football with a couple of my friends and I was amazed at how much longer i could run and do everything...with each day that goes by I feel healthier and I couldn't be happier. If you have friends that still smoke and you see them get up to light one up, you know you don't have to because you were strong enough to break that addiction. And I've taken the money I would have spent on cigarettes and placed it into a newly opened saving account and I've already saved almost  $100

0 Kudos