cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sharpie62

Is anyone else really tired?

My quit date was Friday, and I'm doing pretty well, but am sleeping ALL THE TIME. Is anyone else having that experience?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
rhasan06

Yes. I had the same experience. I quit on May 5, 2008. I found that taking a walk helped. I started having more energy. Slowly I began feeling less sleepy.
0 Kudos
mark_t

My quit day was Saturday, I am feeling the same way sleepy all the time. My eyelids seem heavier when I am watching tv. It does seem like I am not thinking of a cig as much as yesterday. I tinted my boy's window's on his car today so I could keep myself busy. It was a good day overall. What I had trouble with was last night I kept waking up and wanting a smoke, but I fought it off. Keep me posted on how you are doing. I am curious to see what differences we have in our smoke cravings. Mark
0 Kudos
cindy25

z z z z z z z z ......z z z z z z z z..........z z z z z z z.......
0 Kudos
mark_t

Come on Cindy, WAKE UP.....
0 Kudos
cindy25

Huh??? Wha...??? Oh! Yeah.... LOL

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 4 hours, 17 minutes and 23 seconds (14 days). I have saved $49.61 by not smoking 141 cigarettes. I have saved 11 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/11/2008 5:13 PM
0 Kudos
sharpie62

Thanks for the response! I'm with you - it is getting easier every day, and last night/this morning were the first times I actually felt somewhat normal (or at least, alert).

I've been keeping myself busy, too, doing all sorts of house projects and cleaning out my nasty, smoke-smelly car. I've started taking walks right after my first half-cup of coffee in the morning and that's been really helpful, since that's my most dangerous time of day.

So far, no waking up in the middle of the night and wanting a smoke (thankfully), but I'll keep you posted....

I'm most concerned now about going back to work tomorrow, as that will be my first 'normal' (i.e., stressful) day without smoking.
0 Kudos
sharpie62

lol. Hey - where is the quit calculator or whatever it's called that helps people calculate savings and life expectancy? I see lots of references to savings, and am curious to know how people are coming up with those figures. I've searched on this site but can't find any widgets, etc.
0 Kudos
dee24

I would also like to know how they figure that out. I'll keep posted in case anyone answers.
0 Kudos
bridget3

My goodness! I quit at 10:30 p.m. on May 11, and I am just now getting to the point that I am not lethargic every waking moment! I've felt as though I've had concrete feet! I am still waking up during the night and wanting a cigarette, though. I had hoped this would go away after two weeks, but, alas, it has not. I almost had a weak moment yesterday and bought a pack, but my local Walgreens had buy one get one free of their nicotine gum, so I opted for that instead!

I keep telling myself that the lethargy is just from the oxygen that my body is enjoying. I don't know if it's true, but whatever works, right? I'm trying to walk four hours a week, and that's helped as well. When those cravings come, I try to remind myself that I will look ten years older if I keep smoking, but if I walk, then I'll stop that intensified aging process. I have no idea if any of that is true, but I'm doing what I can.

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 11 hours, 51 minutes and 53 seconds (14 days). I have saved $65.22 by not smoking 289 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/11/2008 10:33 PM

Rock on, everyone! I know that WE CAN DO IT!

This message board has saved my sanity!
Bridget
0 Kudos