cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

melissa2

Iowa Quitters

Just checking to see if there are any other Iowa quitters on here since there hadn't been a post on this group in a while.
  Everyone have a great smokefree Saturday!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
44 Replies
wise60

Excuse me! Some days I don't know how to spell or they call it "fat fingers"

0 Kudos
chicone

Nice ot meet you Wise.  Don't worry about the fat fingers, we all have them once in a while.  LOL

0 Kudos
jimer

I am from Atlantic Iowa.  Every day I get to see the residents and some of them have smoking related illnesses I try to keep it all in perpective and that sort of motivates me.  It has been a long weekend.  Ah well, I am making it... yeah me...... if I can make it thru this weekend I will make it for a very long time if not forever!!

0 Kudos
wise60

MY DAD HAD ALL THE SMOKING RELATED PROBLEMS. WHEN HE DIED I SAID THIS WAS IT. I WASN'T DOING IT FOR ME, FOR HIM. THAT DON'T WORK THAT WAS, YOU HAVE TO BE FIRST WHEN THE DECISION COMES TO QUITE,

I HAVE HAD A HARD DAY TOO. WENT TO TOWN AND WHY IS IT GETTING IN A TRUCK IT BOTHERS ME. I DIDN'T LIVE IN IT AND SMOKE. IT JUST HAS BEEN A BAD DAY ALL AROUND. NEXT WEEK I AM VERY BUSY AT WORK, SO I CAN HAVE GOOD DAYS. DEEP BREATHING AND DOING WORD SERCH BOOKS HELP ME. AND WHEN IT GETS WARMER, OUT SIDE.

0 Kudos
jimer

Today has been difficult, sometimes even deep breathing and such is not enough.  Right now both of the kids are arguing and driving me up a wall.  I am really irritable today, been snapping at my son lots.... not sure why but it is frustrating even me....

0 Kudos
wise60

Was your hubby home so he could take over and you could take a short walk. I don't have little ones at home. So I can'nt imagine what it would be like. This is easy to say but," Don't get Frustrated. Try to stay on focus.

Be Happy!  Try to have a good day!!

0 Kudos
jimer

my little ones are 16 and 9..... but it didn't matter they  pick like siblings do and I bought right into the frustration.  Six months ago I switched to decaf tea.  The only caffinated I have is at work.  Yesterday I found my favorite candy.... Chocolate covered expresso beans... I am guessing the irritability was caused by the caffine which just hit me while I suck on another expresso bean.... When will I learn.... 🙂

0 Kudos
wise60

You know what they say, "you learn some thing new every day". Take it and go with it. Just think, what you learned with the kids this week-end. You can out smart them the next time.  HAAAA!  Boy, I can't believe I said that.

Smile

0 Kudos
blink

I'm an Iowan born and raised. Starting smoking at the "Iowa Jam" at the Iowa State Fairgrounds back in 1982. Quit 23 days ago. 

0 Kudos
wise60

So Iowa Jim how have you done it .Are you taking anything to help with the cravings. Or cold turkey? Have you read some of the other blogs. Most of them have greet ideas. I beleive we will be ex-smokers by the end of the year.

0 Kudos