cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

joni15

Introduction

Hello, I'm new here. My name is Joni and I quit smoking on Dec.12,2013. I had smoked for about 35 yrs. I have COPD and diabetes so those don't go well with smoking. I look forward to talking to everyone on here.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
janiemoore

Hi Joni,

My name is Janie, I have not quit yet but I so am looking forward to it. My husband just smokes the E-cigarette. We were suppose to quit together but I didn't mke it. Wish me luck and great job. 🙂

0 Kudos
heather148

hi my name is heather.  i had quit for three weeks then picked it up again.  i know i dissappointed my neice and myself deeply.  i plan to  quit again in a week.  i was hospitalized and i thought that smoking meant freedom but now i see it is a huge abaltross that ties me up in being in sick and tired and im tired of being sick and tired.

0 Kudos
heather148

hi my name is heather.  i had quit for three weeks then picked it up again.  i know i dissappointed my neice and myself deeply.  i plan to  quit again in a week.  i was hospitalized and i thought that smoking meant freedom but now i see it is a huge abaltross that ties me up in being in sick and tired and im tired of being sick and tired.

0 Kudos

Hello my name is Elizabeth. I am pregnant actually almost to my due date in a couple of months.I've talked to my doctor about smoking and I've tried to quit but there has been so many stressors this year that I've been just about going crazy. The thing is I only smoke about 1 to 2 cigarettes a day. I take a few puffs then I put it out unless I am just extrememly stressed. I've never smoked a lot, in fact a whole cigarette at one time is rare but I want to quit all together. Things are a little less stressful now, I finished school, we have a house, but I have a 7yr old that has an attitude out of this world and Im so used to working but Im taking a break until after the baby so being a stay at home mom is very hard for me. I set my quit day to Jan.1st because I don't smoke a lot and I think with determination and support I can make it. My doctor said because I dont smoke a lot she is not really concerned on the pregnancy aspect, but I want to lead a healthier life and I dont like my daughters knowing I smoke.

0 Kudos
revolock

Hello everyone. I joined the site a while back and have finaly made a serious commitment to quiting. I work at night and have a lot of time to myself. If anyone happens to like to chat at night or is looking for a fellow graveyard person to share in the pains and gains of quiting I am up online from midnight to 10am PST. 

0 Kudos
suncynic

Happy New Year's...

Resolutions seem rather cliche, but this is the only one I truly care about making or keeping.  I've tried in the past, I even made it 6 months.  Picking up a cigarette after my car accident seemed justified at the time, but after I smoked it I found I still had the same accident to deal with PLUS the addiction, back in full force.  Smoking that cig fixed nothing.

So here I am, living with two smoking roommates, engaged to a non-smoker, and the fact that smoking and planning to have a family aren't at all compatible is something I can no longer ignore.  Wish me luck.  I wish all of you--Janie, Heather, Sparkle, Rev--luck as well.  And if we fall down, we let it go and get right back up.

0 Kudos
gemini159

Hi Joni... *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S* on being SMOKE FREE. Ive smoked, off and on, for almost 30 years.....and after reading your post - I feel soooo encouraged.  My quit date is Feb. 14, 2014 and this is my first time posting on this site. I admire your determination...I really want to quit, I really need to quit. I am so glad that I found this site. Its a blessing to have a place to get advice and suggestions. Im proud of you.

0 Kudos
gemini159

Hi Elizabeth, how are you ??? I read your post and I can imagine that things can be stressful, especially since you are pregnant... Is a there a place, in your house-that is quiet and calm??? If not--then is there a park, where you can sit quietly-- in a more peaceful environment??? I do hope that your stress levels can be reduced -- which MAY help you to stop smoking - completely.. GOOD LUCK !!

0 Kudos