cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Introducing myself, and starting my own journey to "Become an Ex!"

I won't spend time recounting my smoking story in detail here, but if you're curious, you can read it on my blog here:

http://www.destinationwealthy.com/2011/04/my-smoking-story-part-one/

http://www.destinationwealthy.com/2011/04/my-smoking-story-part-two/

The short version is this: I'm almost 28 years old, and I've been smoking on and off (more on than off) for about 13 years.  I'm single and I have two children, and I'm ready to stop smoking.  I want to be around to watch my children grow old, and their children grow up.  I want to feel better-happier and healthier-than I do now.  And after I'm successful with stopping, I want to help others do the same (I hesitate to say "quit smoking", because I believe no one who has been an addict is ever truly "cured" of their habit.  I believe they just become better and better, over time, at resisting the urges.)

I hope to find tips and tricks that can help me stop for good this time (I've tried to stop on my own, without systematic guidance, more times than I can count), as well as a supportive community of friends who share the same issues, concerns, and desire to overcome this powerful thing called addiction.

That's all for now.  Thanks for listening, and I look forward to chatting with all of you as we share our struggles and progress!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Welcome. Come on over to the blogs and introduce yourself there. That's where we all hang out!

0 Kudos

Thanks, Maggie!  But I'm not really sure how the community part of the site works yet.  Are there any tutorials posted here that can help me with this part?  I mean, I'm pretty computer- and Internet-savvy, but even the Discussion part of this site is unlike any discussion forum I've ever seen.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
cookie19

Hello All,

I'm brand new....just registered today...my quit date is May 10th....it's gonna be really tough for me....over 45 yrs. of

smoking....never quit for longer than a month, but I need to now. 

I will gladly accept any suggestions to make this a bit easier!

0 Kudos