cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ReallyReal

Intense One

Jump to solution

I didn't smoke this morning and I won't smoke today, smoking is not an option.  This morning the craving was intense and caught me off guard as I was making my coffee.  I went outside into the chill air in my bare feet and put down the seed to feed the birds in the yard, did a lot of deep breathing.  Seems to me this was the most intense crave I've had.  I am going out today and will be around some folks who smoke.  I think today would be a good day to bring a lemon and use the "bite into a lemon" tool I have heard people talk about.

Smoking is not an option, ever.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
biscuit9

Make sure you bring that lemon, hard candy, maybe a flavored drink treat....replace the nicotine with healthy choices.  Remember, they have to smoke, just like you used to.  They are addicts, and you are a recovering nic addict, who is choosing a better life and is making decisions that help YOU live your best life.  Being attached to an oxygen tank is not living your best life.  

I commit to NOT smoking with you, today @ReallyReal . Strangle this addiction, we got this!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
biscuit9

Make sure you bring that lemon, hard candy, maybe a flavored drink treat....replace the nicotine with healthy choices.  Remember, they have to smoke, just like you used to.  They are addicts, and you are a recovering nic addict, who is choosing a better life and is making decisions that help YOU live your best life.  Being attached to an oxygen tank is not living your best life.  

I commit to NOT smoking with you, today @ReallyReal . Strangle this addiction, we got this!

0 Kudos
ReallyReal

Thank you so much @biscuit9 .  I will bring my lemon and some candy today--the image of the oxygen tent is a good motivator for me.  Appreciate you.

qsiesue

@ReallyReal......hard cinnamon discs are anazing at killing a crave! Give them a shot. Way to go on the NOPE!

qsiesue
champsin97

That happened to me too on day 9.  The cravings were intense.  Seemed like everything was a trigger.  You will get through it because you are strong!!

ReallyReal

@champsin97 thank you so much.  Being out and about today has been a good distraction.  I have my lemon but I haven't had to use it.  Good to have it with me though and good to know I will use it if needed.  I won't smoke today.  Appreciate your support.

champsin97

We got this!👍

Barbscloud

@ReallyReal Happy today hear you rode out your crave.  Glad you used your tools and found a distraction.

Barbscloud_0-1676640614280.jpg

Barb