cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

carlie

IT'S ALIVE !!!!!! THIS GROUP IS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!

To answer some questions.....This Group was started by Reenie - who is no longer on this site !! I came here in June, 2008.....and quit as of July 1, 2008. This was a booming little group back then...many of the members of this group have since moved on !!! This Group has gone for MONTHS with little or no activity - - I am glad to see Claudia's enthusiasm !!! THIS was my home-base !!! THIS Group is where I first came, and met friends, and made friendships that are still alive today...and the support does not stop !!

If I could wish for the BEST way for all of you to quit - it would be with THIS group - we CAN get it going again....when you come online whether it be morning, or evening, come here first - let the group know how you are doing...discuss any problems with your quit.
All I can do is share my Experience, Strength and Hope with you......my "experience"..this group was here, and I knew each person, and counted on them for advice (and got it !!) The strength that I found here gave me something I had been looking for for many years...FREEDOM !!! How to win over the addiction....I have been on my journey now for 7 months 2 weeks, 3 days...etc. I didn't just stop smoking - - I QUIT !!!!
Let's get this group going again....I'm going to contact the other "old-timers" from this group.....let's try and give each and every one of you the opportunities WE had, as members of the Over 50's Group, OK ????
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
katheen

Thank you Carlie, for caring enough to try and get this group started up again because I can use this group as my home group and I can use all the help that I can get at this point you see I just went back to smoking after 11 days and I'm feeling pretty losie about myself at this point and not getting much support from the members that I thought would help me is'nt there today. I just know that I'm planning on quitting again tomarrow and I'll need all the help that I can get from others how have gone before me and I know that I need all the help that anyone can give me.

LOLX Kathleen
claudia2

WOW!!! Thanks Carlie and Jeff, and Debbie!!! Yes, there are many of us over 50 that could use each others support. Carlie, I love the idea of checking in here everyday just to say a little something. I didn't realize this is where you had met so many of your friends, that I know some are my friends today and this is a wonderful journey that we are on. This path to freedom.
I have been quit for 1 month, 1 week, 6 days, 46 minutes, and 7 seconds.........and I sure have made some beautiful friends during this short time!!!!
Thank you so much!
barbara42

i too will spend more time on here. if i can help just one, i can be happy knowing i paid it foward. this is also where i met some of my friends peace!
sally3

Yea - I'm loving it!
0 Kudos
debbie53

Has this group ALWAYS been here? I guess I'm not getting around here like I should! I too will spend more time here, now that I know, here is here! LOL
0 Kudos
jv_

Thanks Carlie,

I'm pumped, yes, i too want to say i didn't just stop smoking, i quit!!!...

Doing the best i can n will do more, i enjoy this site, I belong to one other here n enjoy both, flip back n forth as i get online, listening to you has got me really pumped up, thanks again!!!

love n joy for all
john
0 Kudos
claudia2

John, Carlie has that way about her!!! I am so happy to see everyone that has come visit this site, please keep coming, there are new people that need the old people, so lets keep up the good work!!!
FANTABULOUS..........
0 Kudos
sally3

Yea! Thanks Carlie! We need all the experience we can get!
0 Kudos
carlie

Claudia...BREATHE - - "OLD" people ???????? LOL !!!!

Kathleen - Start changing your mindset; it's not easy - but it is doable !!! Listen to Peggy, and do what she suggests !!! Okay ???

John - - thanks for the compliment...I do have a tendency to get "pumped up"...because I believe in me - and I believe in all of YOU !!!

GUARD THAT QUIT !!!!!! All of you !!!
0 Kudos