cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I really need to do this!

Tomorrow is my quit date. And tomorrow marks one year at my dream job. I am so happy with so many aspects of my life, but my smoking makes me really unhappy. I feel like I am better then that. I am sick of hiding and smoking. My doctor prescribed me the patch. I tried with a vape before and I caught myself sucking on that all of the time. I tried cold turkey and that didn't work. I hope the patch and my frame of mind helps me quit and stay quit! I want to post in one year that I have been smoke free!

13 Replies
sophia-22

Hello and Welcome! If you go to whyquit.com (scroll to the bottom of the page) there are two more books I recommend - Freedom from Nicotine and Never take Another Puff to educate yourself on nicotine addiction. Also I thought this video was really helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmNf37oJEvc 

Once you are finished with the physical withdrawals you will need to deal with the physiological issues and the best way to do that is to be informed. Congratulations on your decision to finally be free of nicotine!

0 Kudos

Don't listen to your crazy thoughts and feelings! The only thing that counts is your actions! Keep them away from your Face! You can do this!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hello and Welcome to EX! You won't be sorry you came. Lot's of great support here! Here are a couple links you might find helpful!

/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2017/01/28/welcome-to-our-community?sr=search&searchId=b11e40b3-4550-48fa-b1ca-c3... 

My Welcome To New Members (10 Years Of Watching) 

Today is your quit day! Congratulations! I am very excited for you!

I hope the links help you!  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

dont-worry-you-got-this-quote-1.jpg

Stay Strong Today! Let the JOURNEY begin and EMBRACE the challenges

Darren