cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mary2

I need some help

HI!
I am going to use the nicotine patch. Has anyone else tried it before and was it a success?
Thank u!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
hothula

aloha, the patch saved my life. it works well, do not skip steps. it really helps make the cravings less noticeable. sometimes they give you strange dreams. I swear by em.
0 Kudos
nancy23

Hi Mary. Yes, I was successful with the patch last year, then started smoking again. I am now on the patch again, I quit 5 weeks ago. I am also on Wellbutrin 150mg. twice a day. The Wellbutrin makes all the difference in the world for me. You have to get a Rx from your MD for that. Be sure to stay on the patch for the length mfg. recommends as everyone I know that speeded up the process eventually failed.
I've had several quits over the past three years, but this is it this time. I've finally really made up my mind and have totally felt a "shift" in my psyche, resolve, whatever this time. I know I will never smoke again. Most long time smokers have several to many quit attempts before they finally quit for good. Good luck and stay in touch.
0 Kudos
marcy-volk

Hello - Over the years I have tried just about everything.....cold turkey (makes me want to buy a machete!), patch, gum, hypnosis, accupuncture, stop smoking clinics, laser and lozenges. My husband does well with the patch, but I don't. What works the best for me are the lozenges. When I want a cigarette, I have one. If you don't make it this time....I've read the more you try the easier it gets.....I believe that to be true ...because It seems to be a little easier this time. I know what to expect - and I try to head it off. It all boils down to how bad you want to quit.....I wish I could just wake up one morning and not have a thought about a smoke.....difficult to do when it's been such a part of my life for 41 years. The hand to mouth association is a tough one. Do something, anything to keep your hands busy (except eating!!) I tell myself I'm tired of being outwitted by a smoke! Good luck to both of us.
0 Kudos