cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RainbowHeart

I'm just having a difficult time right now

Jump to solution

I don't have any real idea why, but I have had an overwhelming crave for the past 3+ hours. It just won't quit. I've tried Bertram's, "let it wash over you" method, I've tried distraction (hot shower and some wild dancing), I've had a liter of water, I've tried offering support to others, all to no avail. Any other suggestions? I'm not going to smoke or vape, I don't have anything here and am not going to walk in the dark to go get any, but dang it sure is uncomfortable.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get some sleep if you can , tomorrow is a new day .  I'm glad to hear you won't smoke or vape . Thatta girl . Good job . 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get some sleep if you can , tomorrow is a new day .  I'm glad to hear you won't smoke or vape . Thatta girl . Good job . 

JACKIE1-25-15

You are still early in your quit.  The cravings will come and go.  It is like a roller coaster ride.  The best thing you can do and hold on.  Scream if you have too.  No matter what do not smoke. 

WhispersQSMB

Deep breathing, or get a straw and cut it to the size of a cigg. Pull on it and hold it in 2-3 seconds and exhale

RainbowHeart

Thank you @Anonymous @JACKIE1-25-15 and @WhispersQSMB 

I just went to bed, even though I'm usually up later than 930, lol. All good suggestions though that I will use on another late night craving.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you are feeling better today Rainbowheart . 

Remember you have grams quit kit list as well when you get stuck. 

You know the ropes . l know you will make it this time . Just don't smoke no matter what .

There is not a lot of folks on here late at night so you know... hopefully that will change , but as I say when all else fails sleep if you can .  The next day is usually a better day right . 

We used to have night owls but not sure it's on this new format. 

I'm really grateful you didn't find a reason to smoke or vape . With asthma you shouldn't as well . Inhalers give a false since of security . I was out yesterday and a smoker lit up . I had a mask on and oh my , i could tell instantly if I would stay around there my asthma would be triggered . 

Dont smoke , enjoy those walks once the pollen lets up . I hear ya .