cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gwenda

I am a Cigaholic....

Hi my name is Gwenda, and I am trying to break a 30 year bad habit. I welcome support from those that are as serious as I am. It was easy for me to quit when I became pregnant with my kids (x2), but even knowing the side effects and horrible diseases that come with smoking haven't help me to quit otherwise. Because I have never reached the "pack or two a day" level, it is easy to blow it off and say you're ok. All of my test, any thing dealing with the effects have always been normal and no sign of trouble, but do we really want to wait until there is a sign of trouble? I think not, I delay the quit date because I wonder "what will I do with myself", especially in time of stress. But the logical side says that is no excuse, so here I am trying again and praying this time will be the miracle end of this smoking.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
barbara42

HI,
I LOVE THAT NAME FOR IT, I HAVE NEVER HEARD IT. YOU WILL GET ALL THE SUPPORT YOU NEED ON THIS SITE. WE HAVE PEOPLE ON ALL LEVELS OF QUITING. I HAVE 57 DAYS TODAY, SO I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE PEACE!
0 Kudos
gwenda

Barbara, thanks so much. Congrats on those "57" days, that is like almost two months...u go girl! Keep up the good work, and thanks again. Hope to talk to you again.
0 Kudos
barbara42

ANY TIME DEAR, I AM HERE AT LEAST ONCE A DAY AND THANK YOU, LET ME KNOW WHEN I CAN BE OF ANY HELP TO YOU PEACE!
0 Kudos
jennie3

Hi Gwenda I am glad you came across this site it is so helpfull you will find lots of tips and help to get you started and to help you stay that way and you can have fun doing it too! Please feel free to drop me a line whenever!
0 Kudos
gwenda

Thanks Jennie, I am glad too, seems as though everyone is so helpful and supportive. I am sure you will hear from me as this is my first day. Thanks ...Gwen
0 Kudos
becky16

Hello Gwenda,
YOU CAN DO THIS! You are much stronger than you think you are and YOU HAVE THE POWER OF CHOICE....USE WISELY YOUR POWER OF CHOICE. You will get a lot of support and encouragement on this site. We are a community with the same goal. To Quit and Stay Quit! Just ask if you need any help, someone will always give you a helping hand. I smoked for 37 years and have been free for over 16 months now. Congratulations on taking your first step to a happier and healthier life.....
0 Kudos
gwenda

Hey Debbie, I understand..I did the - "OMG, they are $5 - I'm quitting, then @ $6, & $7, etc. You just have to do it!
So here I am....thanks for the support, I may have to call on you...lol. This is my 1st day, and my mind is already
trippin', pray for me. Thx Gwen
0 Kudos
jennie3

Good we would love to hear from you please keep us posted
0 Kudos
gwenda

Thanks Becky, and congratulations on that year and a half! Today wasn't so bad, but I have been online most of the afternoon. I smoke a lot when I drive, and when I am stressed...these are the time I am really afraid of cause I pick up a cigarette first thing. What did you do under these circumstances? Any suggestion is helpful, thanks!
0 Kudos