cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

I Did It

I did it!  Yesterday I expressed my fear of passing my old cigarette pick up store.  Last night I feared going to the train station to pick up my husband and knowing I needed gas in the car, so I didn't get gas at the station.  This morning, through self-"yelling", I marched into the gas station and said "$11 on 7".  Very funny how the place I use to get cigarette was 7/11.  I filled up my tank and said "I'm proud of you Michelle.  Now go and get ready for work".  I did it!  Going on day 6.  Day 5 was WON.

39 Replies
Giulia

This blog makes me so happy!!!!  Another test aced!  Brava!

Wow, very impressive and I like that little self talk you give to yourself.  Maybe I need to give that to myself as well, day 1 and I feel horrible. thanks

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Desperateaddict , hang in there.  There are moments that I feel horrible as well.  I had a huge fight with my son this morning and it's still on my mind.  Smoking also crossed my mind, but I did tell myself that smoking will not help the situation.  I know this deep down inside.  I would have still fought with my son and still would have felt horrible.  Life does happen.  Smoking actually complicates everything.  Make it a great day.

-Michelle 

elvan

Desperateaddict‌ Smoking really won't help anything, it won't do anything FOR you but it will do lots TO you.  You are feeling...feeling is normal...smoking is not.  No crave ever killed anyone and no one can say that about smoking.  Please read the blog YoungAtHeart‌ wrote https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17060-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-too  as well as JonesCarpeDiem‌'s blog I used the mantra NOPE over and over again at the beginning of my quit...Not One Puff Ever.  I did the reading, I came to this site twice a day, every day, I still do most days and I am coming up on four years.  I suggest you stay close to the site and I also suggest that you take the Daily Pledge every day and ride the Freedom Train to connect with others who are celebrating.  Both of those are are located under Celebrations and Events at the top of the page.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

elvan

MichelleDiane  That $11 on 7 made me laugh out loud.  I am SO PROUD of you.  You are really doing well.

Ellen

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Good for you! 

Gabi1515

Aww that's so great! Congratulations!!! I know that was tough you give me motivation!

I know this was 3 day's ago but woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo so exciting when we win congratulations 

KMC56

Pats on the back are awesome, aren't they...and you are so deserving!   GOOD FOR YOU!

desiree465

I feel your pain on this. Today is my first day back into the real world so to speak. I've avoided all smokers and smoking places for the last two weeks. It helps knowing everyone is/has gone through this.