cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mona15

How did you quit?

I've smoked 13 cigs yesterday and today and threw away the pack so I wouldn't smoke anymore..  Visiting my late Pastor's wife on Wednesday and am going to ask her to help me quit.  My quit date is Feb. 13.  I've been struggling with cigs over 15 years, ever since my beloved husband Sam died unexpectedly.  I used to smoke a pack and a half a day and am now smoking almost a pack a week.  The more I smoke, the more I smoke.  Thanks.

36 Replies
MichelleDiane

Christine13, I am so sorry for your loss.  That must have been devastating.  I am so inspired by your determination.  Thank you for sharing something so personal.  This community is fantastic and has been helping me along my journey.  It seems like we are not that far apart from each other on our quits.  Hugs.

-Michelle

Mona15

Hi Christine, how r u doing? I’m very sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank you for your comments. They are very helpful. I hope this isn’t a duplicate response. I thought I’d written earlier but apparently not.  I hope you have a good day today. 

0 Kudos
Christine13

I am doing good today Mona.  Thank you for asking.  Mondays are always tough for me as he passed on a Monday.  We can do this together, everyone is here for you Mona.

Mona15

It is so hard to lose a beloved one. Haven’t smoked but have had some manageable cravings. How long has it been since you quit?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669)

All states have quitlines with counselors who are trained specifically to help smokers quit. Call this number to connect directly to your state’s quitline. Hours of operation and services vary from state to state

You can give this a try 

xo Kim

0 Kudos
c2q

Mona15 said: I used to smoke a pack and a half a day and am now smoking almost a pack a week.  The more I smoke, the more I smoke.

Hi again Mona. I hope it's going well for you. I had the same experience as a smoker. Once cigarette never satisfied; the more I smoked, the more I wanted to smoke, and the more I smoked.

The opposite is also true though. When I finally mustered myself together to quit, the less I thought about smoking,the less I smoked. when that craving comes, turn your mind to something else. Pick a distraction from your list and think only about that. This is a Train Your Brain Game. You got this.

0 Kudos
Mona15

That’s good advice. Simply just think about something else. I’m going to think about God and talk to Him.

0 Kudos