cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

elvan

How about a name?

I got a message from someone who did not know how to respond to the invitation.  If you received one and signed up from there...could you let me know how?  I can't send myself an invitation, I tried.  I have signed up for groups by clicking on the join this group icon on the left side of the screen...I also think I have seen it on the right and I know you can go to your page and look at groups...I assume you can sign up from there???

WOW, talk about going off topic...oh, look a chicken.  Sorry, I thought perhaps we could come up with a name for our group.  Some people have not responded to invites so I am not sure if they are not interested or just have lives. 

I only had one name in mind and I have NO problem changing it or altering it if someone can make suggestions...I thought we might consider the:

FIRST to FREEDOM in FIFTEEN (the 3F Club)

Let me know and if you know anyone on the list who has not signed up, please see if we can get people interested.

Thanks, Ellen

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sick-of-it

I love the name, and I got your invitation by email with a link back to the site and I had to log in and then jump back to my email and click the link again and accept the invitation.  Don't know if all that was necessary but it worked.

0 Kudos
elvan

Thanks, I will pass it along...

0 Kudos
stacycatt

Ellen, I just posted a long comment and it got lost so I have to type it again!  Argh!  Anyway, the 3F Club is good and I'm drawing a blank.  I completely forgot the three long paragraphs I just typed so I'll just keep this short and thank you for starting this club and also for inviting me to join on what is my true one year anniversary today.

I left the site once I felt comfortable enough after my quit.  Seemed each time I came on here afterward the guiltier I felt for still chewing the gum and it also made me think of cigarettes as the site is all about avoiding them yet they're mentioned often as it's just the nature of the beast.  I felt I needed to take a break but am still so appreciative of all the help I got here meeting great people and learning so much from so many resources.  This is the place to come to quit smoking and I apologize for not being a better advocate for quitters on this site like so many were for me when I needed them.  Thanks to all in helping me quit the hardest addiction I've ever encountered. 

Ma, I'll check in soon.

0 Kudos