cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ReallyReal

Holding myself Accountable

Today I am going to the place I used to do a lot of work at after not having been there for several months.  Days were stressful there and smoke breaks were a big part of my day.  I haven't been there in a couple months but there is a goodbye party for someone I am close to today.  I am 58 days smober today and just need to have this out there for you to see.  No Man's Land hasn't been all that challenging but today when friends want to go out and have a smoke and catch up with me it might be a challenge.  But I took the pledge this morning and am committed to Not One Puff Ever!!  Thanks for being a great community of people dedicated to health, freedom and Life!!

Labels (1)
11 Replies
SuzyQ411

I have faith in you Riassa. You have come so far @ReallyReal ~ and your connection to the Lord is strong. I fully understand the pull of old places and people BUT you have commmitted to your fellow Exers AND to God ( I believe??) that you are done smoking. NOPE is the way to go, kiddo! NO MATTER WHAT  Praying for you and am there with you in thought and prayer ❤️ 

no smoking.heart. 8.1.22.jpg

NOPE

NO MATTER WHAT 

(and this is a "what")

❤️ 

0 Kudos
biscuit9

I think it is good that you are thinking ahead and planning ahead.  Being around your fellow smokers can be a trigger and it is best to figure out in advance how you will deal with it.  Will you go outside with them or not, is sometimes the question.  I refused to go outside with my smoke buddies for the first few months, so I stayed indoors while they smoked, but I knew I couldn't do that forever.  I believe you will be just fine.  Maybe take a breath mint, hard candy, or a flavored drink along.  Remind yourself, that all of them that smoke want to quit, they can't because they are still under the influence of the addiction.  You are not!  You are no longer LEAD by the addiction, you are now in charge.  That's right, YOU decide whether or not you smoke, not the addiction!!

McMoney

You can handle this, Raissa. I know you can. 💜 Let us know how it goes for you later. 

champsin97

You got this girl!  58 days smoke free.  You are strong enough to handle this.  Try to stay upwind. 😉

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

20231202_111241.jpg

Continue to be fearless in your commitment! One step, then the next.

ReallyReal

@maryfreecig @champsin97 @McMoney @biscuit9 @SuzyQ411 Just wanted to thank all of you for your uplifting words and your confidence in me.  I was worried this morning that the horrible addict stinkin thinkin might become a big problem for me today but you know what, today was a breeze with absolutely no urge to join in with my old smoke buddies.  Funny, since I've been gone the organization got rid of the picnic table we all used to sit at because they want to discourage people from hanging out smoking for lengthy periods.  Seems like a very positive change to me.  Anyway, wanted to let you know that not one single romantic thought about cigarettes entered my brain.  Big hug, everyone!!!

McMoney

Good job, Raissa!!  Hill climbed, hurdle jumped, I knew you could do it!! 

biscuit9

Raissa, 58 days and counting.  I actually breathed some of that smoke when I finally sat outside with my smoke buddies and was a little surprised I didn't want one, but the romance was over.  Since I can never go back to my teenage self and stop that teenager from continuing to smoke, despite how AWFUL and HORRID it tasted "she" just kept smoking until it tasted good, cos "she" thought she was fitting in and being cool.  I can stop myself today though, all of us can.  It's our quit to lose.  This is a journey, enjoy the ride.

SuzyQ411

@biscuit9 

I'm still taming the "she" in me as well~ I like your words that " I can stop myself today" and that's what I intend to continue doing! GO US!!!!