cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

msmitra

Hi...Im a newbie and determined

Hi my name is Mitra and I am ready to embark this journey of being an EX for life!! I have tried to stop before but to be totally honest I wasnt serious. It just sound good and I was only impressing others. My hubby is in the army and he hates the smell and looks of cigarettes. Being with him has really help me understand that smoking should not be in my vocabulary. I am grateful that he cares enough to help me kick this habit to the curve. At first I was sneaking around smoking then run in the house and jump in the shower and brush my teeth. That was no fun at all. I was lying even though I wasnt lying. If I had to sneak around to smoke then I was hiding something and if you are hiding something you are lying to your spouse. I cannot stand the fact of continuing that up. I use to blame others for my habit. Being around my friends who all smoke whether cigarettes or pot, it was all around. I didnt start smoking until I started haniging around people who smoked. It started as, "Can I hit your cig?', to "Can I get the short?", to "Can I get one?", then the next thing I knew I was buying packs. There was alot of things I had to face and admit to, which I do not like being wrong. I always felt like the victim but Im not. I am the criminal because of being irresponsible and a quitter. I have been a smoker for 6 years, wow, that is a long time!!! Being around smokers, they would be bragging about how long they have been smoking but in reality that has been 6 years of damaging my heart, lungs, blood circulation, liver, kidneys, gums, teeth, and everything else. I am so ready to double those years of being a non smoker. That is why I am here. It is easier to get through this by sharing and tracking my daily success!!! I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready...in Spongebob Squarepants Voice!! 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hey glad you are here! congrats on deciding to quit!

check out www.quitsmokingonline.com they have lots of good lessons to go thru to prepare your mind for quitting.

Cme over to the BLOGS section here at Ex. That is where we all hang out. Post this same blog over there and you will get lots of replies.

Marcie - NOT ONE HIT SINCE THE DAY I QUIT! Three Months, One Day, 16 Hours and 19 Minutes, while extending my life 9 Days and 15 Hours, by not smoking 2780 cigarettes that would have cost me $279.10.

0 Kudos
msmitra

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I am checking out the website that you forward to me, which so far so good!!  Congrats on being smoke free for three months, one day, 16 hours and 19 minutes!!!!

0 Kudos