cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

frankenshanny

Hi I'm new

I have been on the nicorette lozenge since saturday. I still slip up about 2-4 times a day. My husband tells me it took time to get to where I was so it will take time to get back to no cigarettes. I have to have faith in what he tells me. He is a wonderful support system.

Oh, and I was smoking between 15 and 17 cigarettes a day before I went on the lozenge.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
godschild619

Hi and welcome ! 🙂 I am fairly new also, I just completed day 5 and am using the nicorette gum. How often are you using the losenges? Just be careful because it can be dangerous to smoke while using nic replacements. I tried the losenges and the patches, they didn't work for me. We have to do what works best. Just never give up, you aren't smoking as much so that is good 🙂 I would make up my mind to just quit those cigarettes altogether though, it isn't worth it, and you are keeping yourself dependent on them. Maybe you need something stronger. Drink lots of water and try to find ways to distract yourself and keep your hands busy. I have tried to quit many  many times, I pray this is forever because Indont want to don't want to have to go through it again. This is a great place for support, so I Encourage you to keep coming and posting.  you can do it!! 

0 Kudos
spencer717

Hi, I am new my name is Spencer... I am 34 years old and struggled with previous quit attempts in the past. I feel good about trying again tho and it will be worth every effort.

I am tired too much for my age. I want to quit with the lozenges

I have to set a quit date and afford the product which is difficult right now

0 Kudos