cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

patsfan02

Hey! I am new here and will probably need support.

My husband and I quit together cold turkey for more than two years. Then we made a huge mistake and started together. I am quitting this time, but not him and it will be hard to quit while he is still doing it. We do everything together.
Also, I am really bad about smoking when I talk on the phone. Any tips for getting away from this habit?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yaya2.6.10

The phone was my biggest challenge. I sit at the computer and play solitaire. I've also told my friends that if they think I'm not paying attention to them, they are probably right, but I'm not hiding the fact that I'm on the computer. I also stand up at the counter when I have to make a "quick" call rather than heading for my smoking nest outside. If the call stretches, I find myself pacing and then head for the computer. Knowing that the phone is your big trigger is half the battle. Keep on reading and blogging as it has kept me away from my smoking nest for 12 days.
0 Kudos
patsfan02

Thank you for your reply. I just caved and had a cigarette. My bathtub wouldn't drain and I had to plung the toilet AGAIN. This is a problem we have had a lot lately and it is very frustrating, so when my husband called, I went outside, lit one up and went to venting to him. I feel bad, but after the first cigarette, quitting doesn't seem as important as it did. I need to get away from that way of thinking.

0 Kudos