cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sc_2

Help !!

I'm new here, but SOOO need friends to help with cravings, being scared, etc.. I have set quit date as Feb. 13. Realistic? I don't know. Advice is so welcome.

Susie

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jamie50

I added you. You should go over to the blogs though. That's where everybody here hangs out. Just go there and add friends.

0 Kudos
ori

Hi Susi, welcome we are all here for u and belive me we were all scare the thing is to try and do it.

Add me as a friend and when u need help just scream out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we will here u.

good luck and keep in touch

Ori

0 Kudos

You CAN do this Susi!!! Come to the BLOGS where we hang out and tell us your story!!! We are willing and waiting to help!!! 

0 Kudos

You CAN do this Susi!!! Come to the BLOGS where we hang out and tell us your story!!! We are willing and waiting to help!!! 

0 Kudos
frances

thank you tom for your measage im taking chagtix 2 tables a day 1mg i hope it works 7 days after you start takeing it they say you wont smoke yes tom i read my bible alot and i talk to god evey day  everyminten i dont want to smoke iwant tostop? NOW NOW NOT TOMORROW BUT ITS SO EASY TO SAY THAT I DO TRY AND STAY BUSY

0 Kudos

Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objections must first
be  overcome.         Samuel Johnson  (1709-1784) English Author

You make a DECISION to stay Smoke FREE just for TODAY and then you RESPECT yourself enough to HONOR that choice for ONE DAY! Not One Puff Ever - just for today NO MATTER WHAT! If you have to pledge by the Hour! It CAN be done!

0 Kudos
kimmcqueen

I am new to this looking for a little support.  I know this probably sounds lame I am working on quitting I have cut down from at least 20 cigs a day to 3-4 cigs, since January 14th.  When does it start to get easier??????  There are times when it would be so easy to slip back to my old smoking patterns.  I use the patch, it helps I have not killed anyone but this is so damn hard.  When does it get better??????????????????

0 Kudos

I have been struggling with this for years.  YEARS!

Quit and started again, quit and started again.  Today was my quit date, and even though I planned it for awhile, I couldn't go to sleep last night until nearly three ohclock aye em.  
I woke up, had a cup of coffee -- smoked my last two cigarettes on the porch (I quit smoking in my house months ago) and forgave myself for not doing exactly as I planned -- I HAD planned on just getting up and putting on the patch -- I put my outdoor ashtray in the garage and took a deep breath, put on my patch and got started with my day.

I journal.
And in my journal I wrote, "I think it's about redefining yourself."

Who are you without the cigarette?

People identify me with smoking.  I was always the one slamming a rock star energy drink and rushing outside to smoke.  I was the one who always got everything done faster than everyone else and could meet a dead line head on.  I was the event organizer, etc.  Grace under pressure.

I thought it was because I smoked.  

Who are you without that cigarette?  Redefine yourself.

Better.  Stronger.  Faster.  Healthier in MIND and Body.  
I was sick of the duality of my existence.

YOU CAN DO THIS.  I know you can, because I can.  WE can do this.  Friend me, and we'll yak.  We can get through this.  Begin journaling all your fear.  Talk to it.  Know it.  Identify it.  I like what Frances said, "Make a decision to be smoke free just for Today, and then you respect yourself enough to honor that choice."

I put away my cigarettes.  Later today, I'm going to go for a walk and bury the rest of them somewhere and just "give it back."

Find a higher power and ask for help.  I didn't follow through with my original plan, but I'm following through NOW.  Keep moving forward.  

0 Kudos

*correction

Whoops.  It was Thomas who said that, not Frances.  I'm still getting used to the format here.  

0 Kudos