cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

linda78

Help

This time I am determined to quit, I think. Started the patch but when I get stressed or feel lonely I take it off and smoke. Went to the doc today and got a script for Chantix, which I've tried before, maybe this time I can do this. My husband of 32yrs passsed away from lung cancer 18 mos ago and I still smoke, how pathetic. Any advise would sure help-Linda
0 Kudos
34 Replies

Hi Linda. The first thing you state was "this time I am determined to quit". then the second thing is "I think". Linda if you can concentrate on the first statement "I am determined to quit", you will be on you way to a successful quit. Do not focus on the I think part. Do the Ex. plan. Read as much as you can on this and other cites and I'm praying that you will bring your first statement to past.
0 Kudos
linda71

I Linda, I am glad you are hanging in there with us and your quit...
Not so sure about the generation thing.. No one in my family smoked before I did and I was 15 almost 16 when I started, and I only did because it was cool and my friends did it...

My daughter and her husband smoke and I am taking the smoke away program to them when i go there in June..
They have both set their quit dates.. I smoked as I raised my kids by only my daughter followed me not my sons.. Guess we are the weaker of the 2 sexes LOL...
Hang in there I am here if you need a hand...

LindaC
I have been quit for 11 Months, 1 Day, 22 hours, 39 minutes and 33 seconds (336 days). I have saved $1,516.24 by not smoking 10,108 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 5 Days, 2 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/21/2007 11:43 AM
0 Kudos
linda78

Well it's been 2 weeks since I've had a smoke, just got back from Key West, party town USA and I didn't smoke once. Now if I can do that I think I have this no smoking under control. Must admit on the way home from the airport I wanted one so bad, another trigger so I logged on to this site before I smoked and it worked. Hope everyone is hanging in there, it does get easier with time. Linda
0 Kudos
Laura62

Hi Linda, so proud of you for staying strong in Key West. Just remember, if you can not smoke while on vacation, how great is that!!!! That means you can beat the nicodemons anywhere. I'm on Day 10 and I feel for you. We can do this, we can do this. So sorry about your husband and I know he is helping you from above to quit.
0 Kudos
teri-smith

Hi linda,
I'm new to this quit thing also. Everybody is right, it does get a little better every day. They helped me through a horrible withdrawl day . Stay with this site, we are all going to beat this, not the other way around. Together we are unstoppable. Believe it.
Teri
0 Kudos