cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

linda78

Help

This time I am determined to quit, I think. Started the patch but when I get stressed or feel lonely I take it off and smoke. Went to the doc today and got a script for Chantix, which I've tried before, maybe this time I can do this. My husband of 32yrs passsed away from lung cancer 18 mos ago and I still smoke, how pathetic. Any advise would sure help-Linda
0 Kudos
34 Replies
linda78

Well it;s been 2 days and not only am I proud myself but I already feel better. Can't believe I don't have the strong urges yet, but I've been keeping myself busy,Thanks again Linda
0 Kudos
linda78

Linda, So far so good, been keeping busy and logging on to the website frequently, it's become my inspiration, no matter how I do this, I'm not going to smoke.
Hugs Linda D
0 Kudos
linda78

I have spoken to family and friends and told them my progress even though it's only been 2 days, which for me is great, I have a strong support system especially with my younger son. After I'm smoke free for a few weeks I hope my older son admires what I have done and quits smoking himself. Somehow this seems to be a trait passed down from generation to generation. If I can quit, then my son and daughter in law can quit and my grandchildren will hopefully never smoke. That's the plan. Thanks Linda D
0 Kudos
linda71

Linda You hang in there ok... My thoughts are with you and all that are trying to stop smoking.. Believe me it is worth it in the long run.. I feel so much better now not smoking... Altho I had a bit of a set back this morning in my relationship I am still not willing to turn back to a cigarette because it supposely calms my nerves as I know that is a bunch of bull too. Dang for being blond now I am getting smarter..
LOL
Hugs and hang in there ok
Linda C
I have been quit for 11 Months, 1 Day, 3 hours, 2 minutes and 38 seconds (336 days). I have saved $1,512.56 by not smoking 10,083 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 5 Days and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/21/2007 11:43 AM
0 Kudos

wnat is a smoke away kit...
crystal
0 Kudos
manofsteele

You can do it !
0 Kudos
linda71

Yup for sure

LindaC
0 Kudos
linda71

Thanks and yes excuses doesn't help when you need to stop something...
I pray everyone that smokes will one day see the light and give up those nasty things
before it is too late to restore their health..
LindaC
I have been quit for 11 Months, 1 Day, 19 hours, 2 minutes and 39 seconds (336 days). I have saved $1,515.56 by not smoking 10,103 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 5 Days, 1 hour and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/21/2007 11:43 AM
0 Kudos
linda71

Hi Linda hope you are still doing ok and its getting a bit easier now on you...
I am still here and if you need someone to talk with you are welcome to IM me on yahoo messenger my name there is lin_crawford
Have a great day..
Lindac
I have been quit for 11 Months, 1 Day, 19 hours, 4 minutes and 31 seconds (336 days). I have saved $1,515.57 by not smoking 10,103 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 5 Days, 1 hour and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/21/2007 11:43 AM
0 Kudos

Peggy
Thanks, i have actually heard of that....congrats on 3years 3 months!! Wow, that is great!!
Crystal
0 Kudos