cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hello I'm New

Today is my first day here. I quit smoking on the 5th of December. My 53rd Birthday. I have been a smoker since I was 15 years old and have tried to quit many many times. I really want this to be the final time. I am using the Nicotine patch and I don't know why today I seem to want a cigerette more than I did on the first two days that I quit. Maybe it's because I've been home with my 18month old granddaughter who has the flu all day. I am really enjoying the fact that I don't smell like an ashtray but on the flip side I wish I would stop stuffing my mouth with Christmas cookies. LOL

0 Kudos
6 Replies
arthuro

Good luck freedomseeker, I'm 60 yrs old and smoked since I was 15. I am using Nicorette lozenges because the patch is a bit strong. I haven't smokes now for a week - actually I quit two weeks ago but had five cigs a week ago. No problem, at least the habit is getting less.

0 Kudos
nomorejoe

I too quit on the 5th, turned 50 on the 6th.  and really have the urge now for a smoke,,,,, MAN!  oh well ,  this is harder than i thought , not using any patch or nothing . just  thought  after 35yrs. i will just put 'm down.. i did think through the quit date and all,,,   i wish you the best in the journey of smoke free...   wow that crave is gone for now.

0 Kudos
brenda61

Hi welcome aboard. I have been a smoker since I was 15 too. I am on 8 days quit.  Keep those cookies a coming sounds better than smokes. 

http://imageworldz.com/graphics/image/happy-belated-birthday-6-17784.gif

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

Hooray for your decision to Quit.  I'm 64, started smoking in high school and have been smoke free for 10 months.  Most of us hang out in the Blogs so if you post and read there it is more active.  It helps people connect to you if you put some info in the about me section of your page.  You can already see that long time older folks have given you a boost and that is what happens here. 

0 Kudos
residentlisa

hey I quit dec 6. the day b4 my 39th birth day. i am on day four. it has been easy so far. hate to say that. i have stayed away from drinking too. good luck to you. i am quitting cold turkey. no aids.   Lisa

0 Kudos
scotterick2

WAY TO GO.  CONGRAT GO OUT TO YOU.  DAY 1 FOR ME BUT WE ALL CAN DO THIS.

0 Kudos