cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

louie

Having a tuff day

You know I've been doing great in this quit. 3 weeks and 3 days strong. I'm still on the patch but like I've said before I had to face the psychological issues I have of smoking then I will face the actual nicotine withdrawl. I don't know what it is about today. My stomach is just in a knot, and I find myself ticked off that I can't just escape and have one. Maybe that is my problem. My mind is thinking it would be an escape today. I wish I can find something that would give me some time away. Does that make sense? I don't know. But I am thankfull that I have a very busy day today and am not alone at all. I know that I WILL make it through this moment, and this day, just needed to let some frustration out.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jill20

Hey,
This sure is tough! I too face the psychological issue of quitting. For me it is not so much the physiological factor, but more mental. I can go an entire day without smoking-actually, I prefer it. Because I am a "closet smoker", I don't want to attend social engagements, etc. with friends and family who don't know I smoke. So, short of taking 10 showers a day to not smell like smoke, I just don't do it. But, come night time, when I have no social engagements, I get that urge. Keeping busy is great, but you have to find things to do when you are not busy and want a cigarette. I started taking a dance class. Believe me, that helps because you do not want to be the one in class that is begging for an oxygen tank 10 minutes into class : )
Hang in there! We are all in this together. And you WILL quit, and so will I. I hate smoking, really. I hate the smell most of all. Hate the way my hair/clothes/home/car smell. I live for the day that I, and my boyfriend are smoke free and live in a clean environment.

Best of luck to you. Just take it one minute at a time. That is all we can do.

Jill
0 Kudos
marcia

Hi Louie, I feel your pain!

We all have different things that trigger these "tuff" times. Mine are stress and the need for a reward after doing a project. Sometimes having a meal will do it too.

You are certainly not alone in your frustration. We're creating a whole new life style. That doesn't happen overnight and it's not an easy task.

We're all in this together so use this site. It helps me to talk about this with you and keeps me aware of my own fragile moments.

I hope today is an easier one for you....... Hang in there!
0 Kudos
louie

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I am glad the day I wrote the original post has passed and I am thrilled to say that in two days I will welcome 1 month smokefree. YEA....I have taken myself off of the patch completely and now I just pop in a piece of nicorette gum when I need to. I was getting 14mg of nicotine from the patch and I am down to only 6mg with the gum. One step at a time for me. LOL...Thanks again everyone, I hope when I am feeling really confident I will be able to lend support to others as well as I get from here !
0 Kudos