cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Goodbye Letter

@Goodbyecigs @goodbyeletter

Dear Cancer Sticks,

im writing to say goodbye, doing this seems silly to me but its part of my process and it has helped others to overcome your tight grip you hold on people. You have always been there in my pocket waiting for me every time I needed you waiting patiently for me to call to you in my time of need, when I was stressed you would calm my nerves, when I was bored, giving me something to do, without ever having to speak a single word  you knew I needed you after everything in my life, eating meals, waking up, walking, driving, relaxing, yard work, you are quietly at my side knowing I came to your calling after everything I do. Always Thinking you were my one friend at my side no matter what. Not knowing how much you have been hurting me the whole time smiling your evil smile with no face. Gripping my lungs so tight stealing another breath through every puff. Blinding my mind to the truth that you behold. Making me think and feel that I can’t live without you. NOT ANYMORE! My eyes are open, my mind is out of your control and my lungs are breaking free of your grasp. You won’t control me anymore, you won’t take my breath nor my time nor my life. I don’t want you! I don’t need you! You can’t have me! I refuse to let you win! I’m not going to miss you, I don’t need you! I’ve never let anyone effect my day to day life. I kicked them out of it. Not only do you do that but you jeopardize my future. YOU CANNOT HAVE ME! 
I hope that you got the message,IM DONE IT IS OVER BETWEEN US!!!!!!!  
THIS IS GOODBYE FOREVER! 

Ashley aka- Bluestumpygirl 

AB
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
4 Replies

That felt good 

AB
Barbscloud

@bluestumpygirl Happy to see you wrote your good-bye letter to begin your journey.  It's a great way to find closure on smoking.  Cigarettes have become a comfort and consistency in our lives.  It takes strength and commitment to say good-bye.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello and welcome @bluestumpygirl! Great good-bye letter! My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team. Congratulations on your decision to quit! I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! We are so excited you have joined us. This is a very supportive community so feel free to keep us all posted on your quit journey reach out and let us know if you need anything.

Here are some articles that might be helpful as you prepare for your quit date: 

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/right-before-you-quit/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/3-ways-to-get-your-support-...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
champsin97

I see your quit date is coming up.  Make a detailed quit plan and stick to it.  It's gonna be a very hard process.  You just have to be stronger and more stubborn than the nicodemon.  Pledge everyday.  Post when you need support.  Celebrate your milestones.  Just say NOPE and remember we are all here for each other,