Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sankev

Goodbye Letter to nicotine

Jump to solution

GOODBYE LETTER

I no longer wish to be under your spell! I miss family and friends that you have taken from me! I never thought I would be under your spell for 30 years! I need you out of my life, you do not belong in my life! The complications of being under your spell are devastating, you do not belong in my life! My lungs deserve better, my heart deserves better, my skin deserves better. I deserve better, you do not belong in my life! My body, mind, and soul will be better without you!! You do not belong in my life, and I will break the spell you have had me under for 30 years!

Sandra L Hudnall
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sankev How are you Sandra? Can you check-in with us and let us know how your quit journey is going?

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sankev How are you Sandra? Can you check-in with us and let us know how your quit journey is going?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
sankev

Hello,

Thank you for checking in with me. Unfortunately, I have been smoking some. I quite for 2 days last week and started smoking one in the mornings with coffee. I can't seem to put the cigarettes down completely. I know it's crazy! I know I have a few health problems and I know it is imperative I must quit this nasty habit for good! I am trying I will set another stop date and try again. Don't give up on me, if you are a praying man, please whisper a prayer for me. Thank you!

Sandra

Sandra L Hudnall
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@sankev Sandra, please consider posting to the community (Journals/Blogs) so we can lend our support again.   

" I must quit this nasty habit"  This an important part off quitting.  There are habits attached to our smoking, but nicotine is an addiction.  Leaning that has been an eye opener for many quitters.  Each time we smoke we get a nicotine rush that only lasts for about 1/2 hour.  That's why we need another smoke.  Cigarettes were designed this way to keep us addicted.  When I read this for the first time it really contributed to my  quit.   Knowledge is power.   It's not that you want to smoke, you have to smoke to feed the addiction.

Go back an reread all the material that was suggested.   Being prepared, having a plan in  place and staying close for support from fellow quitters works.   It's by no means easy, but it can be done.  It took me 50 years and numerous attempts to finally get it.  In addition to some aids and other preparation, I was fortunate to find the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and that I was lacking support in the past.   

So don't give up.  We know it takes hard work so we'll never give up on you.   

Barb