cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kennyb

Georgia Quitters

I am in Roswell ga and I am looking for locals to help me stop smoking. My wife and family smoke so I can't look to them for support. Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
103 Replies
copernicus

Anyone still here? I'm starting to worry

0 Kudos
smp101

I'm still here. Waiting for our party in July

Stephen

0 Kudos
marette1986

I am still here....I don't get on every day like I use to but I do come out to our group at least once or twice a week...How is everyone doing?

Yes...I am still keeping the quit...I almost at 60 days!

0 Kudos
marette1986

OK...I can't add... I am almost at 90 days!!! Yay me!!!

0 Kudos
atl-sam

Hi everyone.  I just joined EX and glad to see there are others here from Atlanta.  Well April 4th was my quit date and so far so good.  I'm actually starting to feel the difference which is great.  I never knew breathing was so refreshing.  Anyway, It's been a pain trying to relearn everything in my life without smoking.  I never realized I never had a professional job without smoking.  I barely remember ever driving when I wasn't a smoker.  Well, it is challenging when I find myself in familiar "smoking" places but I just keep telling myself how much better my life will be.  Good luck to everyone here in Atlanta and everywhere trying to quit.  I know we can do it.  Maybe if we get enough people to quit, we can eventually put Philip Morris out of the business of legally killing people. 

0 Kudos
gavton

Hello...........................anone active here???

0 Kudos
pwmullis

H i Janeen.  I live on Fort Mtn, between Ellijay & Chatsworth.  I'm 51yo.  My main kids are 2 Tennessee Walkers who don't particularly enjoy my smoking.  You'll see pic of me on my 'main guy'...Gen.  I have Gen, who is 6 yrs old, & his 4 yr old sister, Dolly.  Favorite past-time is trail riding along the ridges.  Other than that, I'm a Nurse.  I just started Chantix on X-mas Day and just beginning to feel a few effects of it.  Yep, agreed, white X-mas was a treat.  We had 8 - 10 inches!  Getting to work in that suff was quite an experience!!!  Finally, sun shining this afternoon & just about to go groom & ride for a while.  Please stay in touch 🙂  Perry

0 Kudos
bartsmama405

Hi Perry!

I tried Chantix and I truly hope it works for you.  It did for me except it gave me such bad screaming in the nite nightmares and that depressed me so much that I was tired all the time (afraid to sleep for the nightmares) that I had to quit taking it. 

I find that the patch works well for me and that is how I am stopping the "cigarette cycle" and so far so good.

I live in Ellijay and love it up here in the mountains.  I've had my place for almost 4 years but moved up 24/7 July 09. 

Keep me posted on how you are doing with the Chantix.  I truly hope you don't have the effects it gave to me as it was a good medicine but the mentioned above.

Janeen

0 Kudos
gogoriviera2

I am in Duluth Ga-  I am struggling to get started- I will get ready to set a quit date - then back out.  I really need some support to get this quit started.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi all,
Just want to welcome all of you to Ex. This is a life style changing decision you have made. It's not easy but it can be done. One thing I truly believe that will make a difference in anyone's quit is truly understanding what this addiction is. You can't harbor any thoughts of ever smoking again. Get comfortable with that, it'll make your quit a lot easier. Read and educate yourselves about nicotine addiction & what happens to our bodies when we quit. Come to Ex & read & post as much as you can or as much as you have to. Everyone here is going through or has gone through what you are feeling now. Depend on us when you're on shaky ground. Always come here for help before making any decision about smoking again. If you can't get here ask yourself one question. Will smoking change my situation or enhance it in any way? Answer that question truthfully & you will remain smoke free. Come here & rant & rave all you want just continue to say no. Live in the moment & make that decision to say no as often as you must. Protect your quit no matter what & practice NOPE (Not One Puff Ever). You can do this...you're stronger than you know.

0 Kudos