cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kennyb

Georgia Quitters

I am in Roswell ga and I am looking for locals to help me stop smoking. My wife and family smoke so I can't look to them for support. Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
103 Replies

Just want to say good morning to all & say how glad I am to see so many of you with the days beginning to add up to substantial quits. Welcome to all new members. This is tough but anything worth having is worth suffereing a little for. Newbies, when you feel that urge coming on don't take it as a command. Welcome it. Let it wash over you & then...it's gone. It only lasts a few moments & you're all the stronger for it. The more you take it head on the weaker that urge will become. It's your choice, make it & remember NOPE. Not One Puff Ever!

I'm not leaving Marette, just not able to spend as much time here as I'd like.

Five years, four months, two weeks, two days, 11 hours, 19 minutes and 11 seconds. 58964 cigarettes not smoked, saving $12,530.15. Life saved: 29 weeks, 1 day, 17 hours, 40 minutes.

0 Kudos
kwchip

Well I have made multiple attempts on my own to quit with no success.  I've decided to join a support group to help out with tips and suggestions.  Hopefully I can be of help to someone also.  I'm starting my tracking of cigaretts tomorrow and have my quit date in just a couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to joining this as I keep banging my head against the wall.

0 Kudos
laney4

What a great group of folks you are = my best friends ever!  And, I am ashamed of my absence but am happy to report have remained smoke free!!!  My dog, and other bestest friend, chewed my computer cord at home and I have yet to replace it.  Logging in at work is difficult but not making a little time to do so is no excuse for leaving my friends in the dark.  I should have made that  time and will make a point to get my computer cord replaced Sunday.  So glad to know everyone is staying with us.  I feel so much better, breathing, walking, talking, and just living the way life is to be lived, and know each of you do too.  Will check in more often.

Zaney Laney~

0 Kudos
marette1986

Its me checking in!!!

So glad to hear from you Laney!!!! And I got your message!!!

Woo hoo on your 40 plus days Laney!

Mike....as long as you check in on us from time to time..that will be so great!!! So glad you are not leaving us!

And Kwchip we are hear to support you!

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Keep the quit!

0 Kudos
steve92

Just checking in. Glad to be smoke free today 23 days 4 hours 2 min and adding seconds

Good to hear from you as well Laney, got your message and thanks. I was worried about you. I just love this site and the support that I get from my friends.

Well, time for me to take my walk. Stay clean everyone and have good Friday and a safe weekend.

Steve

0 Kudos
marette1986

I'm here...checking in!!! last week was super busy! I hope everyone had a great wekend! and that everyone has a great week!

0 Kudos
tiffany2588

I just joined this site, Ive been slowly quitting for about 2 weeks now, I have gone from a pack a day to about 3-4 cigarettes a day. This is very difficult for me, I live in a house full of smokers and I have so much going on... my fiance is in kuwait and Im trying to plan a wedding (both are very stressful and make it all the more difficult)  but still I will do this. Im hoping this site will help, Do you guys have any suggestions for medications and things? What has worked best for everyone?

0 Kudos
annie36

Hi guys! IT's ONE MONTH!!! YAY!!! I am so happy to say that I am a nonsmoker and that I have friends on here like you guys!  Welcome Tiffany! I hope that everyone is well. I wanted to drop by and say hello! Hugs to all! Annie

0 Kudos
no1jeanie

Hi, this is only day three..try number two...live with a smoker and have to much free time any advice..i mean besides don't eat too much and don't smoke? oh yeah and don't hurt any one else..lol thanks

0 Kudos
copernicus

Just checkin with my ATL buddies. The weather is absolutely gorgeous today. I hope everyone is keeping their quit. We should all get together for a coctail sometime. It's looking like great patio weather. 94 days and still N.O.P.E

Matt

0 Kudos