cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kennyb

Georgia Quitters

I am in Roswell ga and I am looking for locals to help me stop smoking. My wife and family smoke so I can't look to them for support. Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
103 Replies
copernicus

Just checkin in with everyone. It's been a hectic week so far but I'm still hanging in there. My quit date was Dec. 15th 2009 so that makes it day 50 for me. Keep up the quit everyone and N.O.P.E

Matt

0 Kudos
marette1986

OK...everyone....Laney is 30 days today!!!!!  CONGRATS TO YOU LANEY...and SMP....not sure if today is your day or not...but I hear you are not far behind us!!!! So congrats to you too!!!!

Matt...congrats on your day 50!

Tim...you are awesome...stuck in a snowstorm and kept your commitment...emotional me whould've been crying!!!

Have a great rest of the week!

0 Kudos
marette1986

just dropping in to see how everyone week went....let me know!

0 Kudos
jules22

Hello fellow Atlantans!  It's good to see the sun, yes?

I haven't quit yet.  My quit date is March 14th.  I'm in the process of tracking my cigarettes and also finding my triggers.  I'm trying to plan ahead to find activities to replace the times when I'd smoke.  I can already tell you that "first smoke in the am" is gonna be the killer.  I work and don't smoke at work during the day except for at lunch and then make-up for lost time in the evening.  Can you relate?

I've quit several times and one time for FOUR years!  I'm keep looking back at that time and remembering how I started again and I won't trick myself into thinking I'm in control of my addiction again.

So, I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for letting me a part of your group.  I'm looking forward to receiving support and giving support when I've quit for good!

0 Kudos

Good day to my fellow Georgians & a huge congratulations to all milestones. Laney, Marette, Steve. Way to hang in there Tim. Just fight the battle the best you know how my friend. Welcome to Annie. Stick around hun you're gonna get all the suuport you need. Also welcome to Jules. Education & comittment is key to our success Jules. Learn all you can about what is happening to us at quit time so there'll be no surprises. If something sneeks up on you just come talk to one of us. We've all been there.

Anyone looking for a counter can go to my home page & go to the link below my counter & set up your own.

Everyone have a great smoke free day & try to make it fun!

0 Kudos
annie36

Hey guys!!! I am happy on day 8 today!! I am also very proud of all of you guys. I know that it's a rough road and we are doing this together. You guys are so great and I don't know how I would have made it this far without you. Today has not been as good as the weekend was. I have had the urge worse today than I have in a few days. I think it's because I am back and work, and I didn't get alot of sleep last night because my German Shephard had puppies(NINE)!!!!! I was up helping her. Anyway I think I will be ok, I just have the blues. I hope that all of you guys are doing great and CONGRATS to all of you! Every minute of every day we are winners!!!!! Stay strong, my friends! Annie

0 Kudos
tim30

Is it me or is everybodys counter not working? I went to Mike's home page and his wasn't working  either. Any ideas?

I quit on 01/23/2010, 17 days ago!

Annie, glad to have you aboard. I belong to a hunting club east of Macon off of exit 12 on Interstate 16.

It only gets easier and you can do it!

Tim

0 Kudos
rhydon

Hi everyone! I've gone 8 days! Feeling great! Been working out with my quit buddy! (Man am I getting old!) very sore! Sore muscles and pink lungs Baby! Lots of chocolate, a little nico gum(yuk) and lots of support from my wife and you all! Thanks!

Rhydon

0 Kudos

Thanks for my new counter Tim. Don't know what happened but my old one just went away for some reason.

During my first week quit I walked myself sore Rhydon. I was so desparate to change my life I just overdid everything that I was doing different. I drank so much icewater my newest hobby was going to the bathroom. So the excercise & all these new things we are doing in the beginning are great but for those of us who are, shall we say well aged may need to ease into these things if we weren't used to them before. It is good for you but you can hurt yourself. Still practice moderation in the beginning.

0 Kudos
marette1986

Hello everyone!!! I am doing well in my quit...am at 35 days right now....and have been eating up a storm...especially at night since I am late doing homework.etc....

Anyway...hope everyone has a great week!

0 Kudos