cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
gossipmama

Hi ! I just started this evening 🙂 I'm hoping this is the right group for me!

0 Kudos
gossipmama

I would love to be in this new group:)

0 Kudos
andy82

Good morning Gossip...what's the scoop? 

Glad to hear you are in the right track...I will be joining you on Saturday as that has been my set quite date for amost 2 weeks.  How has it been going?  Hopefully we will be able to lean on one another as we work our way through this process...  If you need anything please feel free to contact me or post to the blog.  Glad you joined 🙂

xsmokingmommy

Good morning everyone !!!! I'm new to EX. My quit date is set for Dec. 9th. I am taking steps to make it a sucess! I am a 2 1/2 almost everyday smoker who as of yesterday started cutting back I went from 20+ cigs a day to 9 1/2 yesterday. I woke up feeling great I will continue to cut down before my quit date so when it comes I will not take it as hard, I also started on Welbutrin 2 days ago. I hope to get advice and help 🙂 and be able to give it also 🙂 

rox12

It looks like most of the people who write are 'Ex'er's' already.  I was glad to find this group...I hope the none activity isn't a comment on it's own.  I have changed my quit date to a L-A-T-E-R one because I am reading (and really studying) Alan Carrs' book  'The Easy Way to Stop Smoking'.  IT IS TERRIFIC.  I only visit once or twice a week.  So...:)  L8R.  🙂   P.S. Listen to the advice. The others know of what they speak.

kari-buchan

I came to this site already on my quit date, wish I had time to read up, but Heath problems call for quitting now! I'm not really sure how this works love your pic! Any tips are awesome! I'm pretty much a chain smoker and I'm so addicted I can't go more then thirty minuets. 

jeff-in-sf

Hello all, my name is Jeff and I quit 3 days ago. I've quit several times before and intend to make this the last, sucessful quit. Best to all of you.

This time, I've been taking Chantix to help me quit. Yes, I know it can have some nasty side effects, but for once I have lucked out. It doesn't affect me in a bad way. 

I try to learn from each time I've quit and to do something additional the next time. So this time around I'm trying to add peer support. So here I am. 

Jeff

rachel-ann

I am Rachel. I have tried to quit so many times and I'm a chain smoker but at the end of the month I run out of cigarettes and live without. but on payday I buy more. I NEED HELP! This is my first attempt to join a group. Today is my quit date but I have two packs left.

Rachel

jeff-in-sf

Hey, Rachel,

First, congrats to you for joining the group and reaching out. I hope things get better for you!

Second, it seems like you can stop smoking - at the end of the month. That's good information and it may help you.

May I make a suggestion? At the beginning of the month take your cigarette money and hand it over to someone you trust. Repeat monthly. Alternatively, you could put all your monthly cigarette money in a jar as a visual reminder of what you could be doing instead with that money.

I hope the ideas help or inspire you to create better ideas.

Best ot you,

Jeff

0 Kudos
cajunkris

Hi, I am Kris, 

I also like Jeff have quit before and loved being a nonsmoker. But eneviably, I always come back. So I am also hoping that peer support and the moblie app. with be the ticket to staying a nonsmoker, 

Stay strong 🙂