cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
dianne22

Hi Everyone.  I'm on day two.  Smoked for 40 years.

0 Kudos
annb

Hi everybody!  How is everyone doing?  Welcome to Dianne!  This is the best place to be!  Congrats on Day 2. One more day and you'll be thru the big 72 hours. One sec/min/hour will turn into days at a time!!!  Tell us more about you!

0 Kudos
willowmare88

I started program today.scared and excited my quit day is april 22 earth day. I wish encouragement and success to all

0 Kudos
LisaAnnIndy74

Hi everyone!!! Set a new quit date...didn't quite do it the last time. 4/24/14 IS MY TIME TO SHINE!!! I hope everyone is having a great day!!

0 Kudos
anvarn53

help someone i just quit day befre yesterday nd im on smoking patches but today the craving to smoke is worse nd i live with others that are still smoking any advice im also looking fr support group of any kind in my area 44039 its in ohio

0 Kudos
anvarn53

sorry page froze reposted

0 Kudos
jhardin20

Hello everyone!  I know I haven't posted for quite some time now.  How are all of you doing?  I hope all of you were able to keep your quit!  No matter whether you did or not at least you tried and that is a good first step.  Don't ever give up!

I am one of the lucky ones that quit after 22 years of smoking and have since said goodbye to nicotine forever.  Once I set my mind on something it's done.  I am almost out of the no mans land phase at 120 days.  It is an amazing feeling to know I have come this far.  I rarely think about smoking unless I am with my smoking friends.  As the days turn into weeks and months of being a non smoker I know without a doubt I will never go back now.  I feel very fortunate to have a smoker/nonsmoker group of friends who have rallied around me, supporting me while I made this life altering change.  I hope all of you are experiencing the non smoking joys as I am.

I look forward to hearing how all of you are doing....quitter or not!http://www.quitterinyou.org/

0 Kudos
Carol5

I have just celebrated a month of being a former smoker after smoking half my life. With 34 being around the corner, I had to make a change. We are all here for different reasons, but the best part is that we are all here together.

I am so proud of myself and of all of us for taking that first step to quit. We will get these days to keep stacking up hour after hour, day after day, month after month, untill it is finally year after year. 

WE WILL REGAIN OUR FREEDOM ONCE & FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Carol

Ps- Sorry I am fighting larynagitis and a sinus infection so I was not on much. So I am on the mends.

0 Kudos
beckya2

Hello everyone

13 days quit.  I feel so good.  Felt weird yesterday.  I was skyping with my son (who smokes).  He was smoking and for a moment I thought, hmm look what I am missing.  

I did not go back and will not.  This quit is different.  I went 6 days cold turkey and now I am relying on the 14 mg patch.  The best decision I made was escaping from this filthy habit.  My energy is slowly coming back, I breathe better, I can taste again.  My headaches have been minimal and my sinuses are open.  So many benefits that I have never experienced in prior quits.  

Protect the quit and be aware of the icky 3's.  I am now entering week 3.  I am prepared.

0 Kudos
Carol5

Hi, Becky. So happy for you. Just remember that you still need extra TLC right now. Week 3 of my quit, I finally found the courage to walk my neighborhood. Scary first, but was amazing. Smelled the flowers, and grass. Smells I never knew were so rich. Today is day 35 for me and I am still recovering from sinus infection, so I cannot smell this week. 

My home is now my safety net. When I need security I run for my house instead of the cigs. I drink more water, exercise, and keep busy. You get a chance to find out who the wonderful person is that you been hiding behind when you smoked. Be prepared for other peoples attitudes. It is because you are not a smoker, so they don't know the new you. Communication is the key this next couple weeks or so. At least from what I am going through. Others call it NML (no mans land). Either way everyone gets to love the special healthier you 🙂

Reach for the stars and know that we are now FORMER SMOKERS 🙂

Carol

0 Kudos