cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
gemini159

Hello EX Community.

I just read some of these posts, but the one that brought me to tears is this : fear knocked - faith answered - no one was there..

My biggest fear is my level of faith. It seems to fluctuate - according to my circumstances. I pray for a a faith that circumstance CANNOT change. I remember times, when so much was painful - in my life - but my level of faith brought me through. Im crying now because my level of faith,  seems to be at a low level and Im praying that I can have the solid FAITH FOUNDATION that I had, in the past.

Another fear I have is this : I am over 60 years of age - and will be seeking another job. Providing care for seniors, has become harder for me - because of the physical tasks that I do, every day. I will be looking for some type of office work.

My last fear is this : that I will NOT find that special someone, this late - in my life.

Well, Im leaving my fears here..... Now : it should be easier for me to be SMOKE FREE.

Please PRAY FOR ME ???

0 Kudos
pamcopp33

I am so so ao scared of this new journey. This isnt my first time quitting but this WILL be my last. Im scared of failure of slacking or caving in to urges or cravings as well as I am scared of being hateful to people around me when I go my first day without a cigarette. Most of all I am scared that if I do not quit I will die. I seen my father go through a sudden but terrible death just two weeks after being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I need help. I cannot do this on my own. Im affraid of looking or appearing weak if I have a break down moment. A lot of things scare me. Is this normal?
0 Kudos
changeling2

hi ! hope all goes well with stopping smoking and the surgery is a success.  am preparing to quit.  just want to be free of cigarettes and hope my nervous system will return to normal  good luck with surgery!

0 Kudos
fluffysox88

If I can quit other bad things in my life, I should be able to quit the cigarettes too. Currently working on Day 18.

0 Kudos
jhardin20

Hi Fluffy....Congratulations on day 18 and welcome to my group!.  How do you feel without all of the physical withdrawals?  I know things were quite a bit easier for me after day 7.  Keep up the good work.  Isn't it great being a quitter?  LOL  Take care.

0 Kudos
jhardin20

Welcome Phenomenal!!  What day of your quit are you on?  If you need anything or just want to vent that is what the group is for.  Good luck with your quit!

0 Kudos
jhardin20

How are you doing jackjack?  I forgot which day you are on?

0 Kudos
raveneye777

Greetings,

I am preparing to quit. I have set a date and dread its' approach. Had my first smoke at 12. It became a regular habit in late teens. Grew up on a tobacco farm down south. It was all around me. Now in my early 50's and enough is enough. Want to feel healthy again and not burdened with this addiction

0 Kudos
littlrody

Hi There , Im a quitter..cold turkey and on Day 20....Cant wait to make it to a month but taking it day by day!

Im proud of quitting also its a very hard thing to do ..Way to go to all of you Bunch of Qutters 🙂

0 Kudos
jhardin20

Welcome to the group littlrody. Congrats on day 20.  I wish you many more smoke free days.  I am on day 45 and life couldn't be better without cigs. Good luck to you!

0 Kudos