cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sgdelprin

First attempt

What are good distractions for cravings? I vape while doing almost everything so it’s hard to think of something I can do that will actually distract me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Barbscloud

@Sgdelprin Welcome and congrats on your decision to quit.  Have you been reading material on the site to prepare for your  quit?  This link is a great place to start to learn about nicotine addiction and put a plan in place identifying triggers, tools to use, new associations to create, etc.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We've smoked/vaped with every activity and emotion, so it's important to replace that time with new activities to create new habits.  There's lots of things you can do.  Keep busy!  Even cleaning.  Many quitters favor walking. Even brief walks throughout the day helps to refocus your thinking and get a boost of dopamine.    Listening to music, video games, etc.  What do you enjoy? And staying close to the Ex has helped many quitters be successful giving and getting support.

100+ Things to do instead of smoking / vaping / ch... - EX Community

We're here to support you, so reach out anytime we can help or you want to share your experience.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 7th

Barb

0 Kudos