cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Find a Quit Buddy

I am looking for a quit buddy that will have a few minutes to chat, probably in the evenings, about our journeys to becoming EXs. I am looking for another college student, and would prefer to talk to someone else who is athletic. The struggle between being an athlete and a smoker is quite the battle! Feel free to message me!! Good luck!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
432 Replies
cheryl7

hey jessica I quit 9 days ago. Iv join like i dont even know how many groups to fill my time and mind. this is hard anyway i could use a buddy or maybe be a buddy to someone. Not sure how much help i could be but I think its easier to do it together then alone.
0 Kudos
linda53

good tues i think i had company for 4 days and didnt turn the computer on everyone smoked but i sucked my lozenges and told them how much better i feel hope it sunk in and everyone got out of jail and the dog came home too all is peaceful again peace and love from ar.
0 Kudos
joe-germano

i quit cold turkey on march 19....please everyday is hell........i have even had a puff since my quit date ...but its really hard....i need help
0 Kudos
linda53

joe damn youre taking the hard road any way i can help let me know peace and love from an old hippie in ar.
0 Kudos
joe-germano

anything tell me anything....i would try anything right about now
0 Kudos
linda53

joe have you considered the nrts im on the lozenges they seem to do they trick for the craving down to 3 a day now started with 10 this 7th quit is working just keep trying you can do this peace and love from ar.
0 Kudos
cindywilson

joe are you drinking lots of juices? Also you need to be aware of something I came across in my reading. In 72 hours nicotine exits the body, but the secondary substance in nicotine does not clear the body for two to three weeks. THat is why you are feeling this. Keep yourself busy and if neccessary go get the lozenges or some natural herbs to help calm you, just hang on, do not give in, then square one again and I would rather pluck an eye than go through this again....
0 Kudos
becca

Hello, I'm Becca and my quit day is tomorrow. I would like to find someone that can help me through this 🙂 Thank you
0 Kudos
cindywilson

we are here for you; have you done your page? What plan are you using? Are you using meds, NRT, cold turkey? Do you have your quit, trick bag? Have you been to whyquit.com; done some reading here on the ex plan, Candid Quitters, Relapse Traps?
0 Kudos
hillegal

Hey everybody, I quit a week ago but relapsed over the weekend, their are a lot of excuses involved in my relapse. I am ready and more positive than ever that this will be the time. I had my last smoke at 11:25 last night. Lets see How long i can go this time, hopefully a very longtime.
0 Kudos