cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Find a Quit Buddy

I am looking for a quit buddy that will have a few minutes to chat, probably in the evenings, about our journeys to becoming EXs. I am looking for another college student, and would prefer to talk to someone else who is athletic. The struggle between being an athlete and a smoker is quite the battle! Feel free to message me!! Good luck!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
432 Replies
marie10

I'm new to this group. I'd like to find a quit buddy to help me, but I want to be a buddy too, if someone needs. : )
0 Kudos
linda53

working on the 8th week yeppie things are quiet and i got my house cleaned cindy hope your week is going great peace and love from an old ar. hippie
0 Kudos
cindywilson

Hi Linda, glad you are doing well, right on your heels, will be past my 60 day before my birthday, whoowhee! What a great way to start another year, with clean lungs and breathing right for a change!
0 Kudos
linda53

you go girl and have a very happy birthday im trying to stay busy working on week 8 peace and love from ar.
0 Kudos
cindywilson

I'm rocking it!
0 Kudos
anniebee468

Hello all, I know that this is hard, but maybe if we work together we can all do it??? What am I saying???? I don't feel like I have anyone here to help me quit, I mean...my family and friends haven't been where I'm at so they really don't know how to quit and I don't want to start any other worse habits, like drinking when I'm stressed. I just want to find peace and happiness and not worry about everything.
0 Kudos
sheila17

Hey anniebee468-I felt kind of like you. Didn't feel like I had the support at home either. This entire site is Wonderful. Join several groups and you'll see some of the same people in the groups.One of my favorites is Candid Quitters. The people there are very supportive and say it like it is. I'm on day 20 so I'm new too. Good luck, stay tough with it and read, read, read. It really helps to check out the different groups here and read what others have gone thru. Talk soon, hang in there and Be Free.
0 Kudos
linda53

look at ageless wisdom for some peace im there even though i have a peaceful river that i live with not by because it took over my house a year ago tomorrow peace and love from an ar. hippie
0 Kudos
stacey-d.

Hello! I am new to this group. I went through the group list and found this. I thought it was a great approach to quitting. Finding an accountability partner is a great way to help stay stopped. I am 2 days and 17 hours into what I hope is my last quit. I feel pretty good. I tried Chantix but got really sick. So, I am using the patch right now. It is working out great so far. Triggers are not even that bad. I just stay busy through them. I hope to find a "buddy" to hook up with (or a few) and I want to be there for anyone else who needs one. I am in recovery from other substances so I know that WE keep each other clean from these drugs--including nicotine. I hope every one stays out of that "nico-demon's" path today and remembers to BREATHE! God bless!
0 Kudos
cindywilson

welcome Stacey and we are here for you ; also check out candid quitters, my fav; grreat info on there from those who have been there and are long timers
0 Kudos