cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

missellen

Feeling like I can't do this...

Right now, I feel like I can't quit. It's only been since 8:30 Sunday morning and I feel like I'm going nuts. How am I going to maintain this? How am I going to deal with no man's land?  I know I have to take it one day, one moment at a time, but my mind keeps wandering to further in the future and the thought of that without a cigarette is really overwhelming.

25 Replies
anaussiemom

Step free of shame and stigma

Blog Post created by Dr.Hays on Mar 7, 2018
missellen

Thanks, I was just reading that!

emilyt123078

I'm a new quitter.  The first day is hard, so keep that in mind.  One thing I'm doing differently is making a plan.  I knew that the first day was going to be difficult so I planned my day out (Get up, get dressed, drink lots of water, go for a walk).  Each day,  make a plan of action and a back up plan if you're having a real problem that day, but just remember, treat yourself as though you are the most important person today, tomorrow and always. You deserve better than your addiction, so feed yourself and let the addict starve.  I'm here if you wanna vent. 

DLHaffner

Feelings aren't facts!  YOU can do this!!!  It's not that bad, seriously, you medically...scientifically only physically withdraw for 3 days, 72 hours....that's nothing.  You can do this!

lewis65

You CAN do this!!! It just takes time, patience, and hard work, but you will get there! Just keep blogging....this site made a WORLD of difference for me.  I’m 8 plus years smoke-free. If I can do it, so can anyone! ❤️