cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

liz26

E-Cig Users

i think what ever your doing to quit is GREAT....who cares what anyone else says, about your method to quit...godd luck and stay strong

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
61 Replies
silkenwolf

I am also using the e-cig. Would like to join this group.

0 Kudos
ncolwell

I would LOVE for this group to grow!

I joined because I've been smoke free for 101 days as of today. Before I went to the e-cig, I tried everything to quit: cold turkey, Chantix, patches, inhaler, etc. NOTHING worked. The only thing that worked was when I picked up a Blu e-cig. Even so, it wasn't as helpful as I would have liked it to be. After doing a little bit of research, I found out that you could purchase better e-cigs that give you better results. I visited a local store and picked up one. I also bought some e-juice in a few different flavors, and I was off on my vaping journey. 

This community is so close minded when it comes to e-cigs. It breaks my heart when I see people asking questions about them and then the "elders" come in and shoot them down. E-cigs really WORK, and if more people tried them, more people would quit smoking. 

I was a serial quitter. I was also a secret smoker, which made it really hard for me to quit. I did it! If I can do it, anyone can. 

0 Kudos

Hi, I am 43 and have smoked since I was 15, and I REALLY need to quit smoking. Nothing has worked for me! Then, when I was the ER a few months ago, (for an acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis and emphysema (COPD)a nurse suggested I try using an e-cig. Then my Mom who really wants me to quit also saw a study being done at a local university, on the effectiveness of e-cigs in quitting smoking. I joined. I have set my quit date for August 1st, my daughters birthday.  I would love to join this group...

Lisa 🙂

0 Kudos
moonchild32

Well I picked up the banner on this - But I couldn't quit with the ecig  - I tried no go, so now I enlisted Zyban 🙂

0 Kudos
tressa3

I too am trying the ecig to quit. I bought the starter pack and the first box of nicotine free ones. There are 5 in the starter pack that has nicotine. I've tried everything and it just doesn't work for me either. The meds and I don't get along so well as they affect me drastically. Patchs and gums don't do it either. I'm willing to try these for a while and then after the nicotine free to stop altogether. I'd love to join this group too.

0 Kudos
maraisa

I don't use the e cig anymore. However, I couldn't have quit without it. It was a blessing on our house AND my family as I got my brother and my mother hooked. They too have no regrets.  

My thing was I liked the Premium batteries with the V2 cartridges. My brother uses Plume Room liquid with huge batteries. He also has learned how to save money by making his own (flavored) liquid. 

If anyone is interested in his methods message me. 

0 Kudos
catgirl

I currently am using Chantix to quit and have been smoke free for 8 days now. I feel really great.j

However I started using e cigs in Sept. 2013 and was doing great with them. I started having severe allergies and the juices were causing me to choke with all the drainage from the allergies. So I went back to smoking and was very frustrated. I had not smoked a cigarette in 6 months when I used e cigs! My son has quit using ecigs. He will be 1 year smoke free this month. I am so happy for him. He still uses ecigs but doesn't have any nicotine in the juice. I also have a friend that taught me the true definitiaon of a chain smoker. I had never met anyone to smoke literally one cig after another, lighting the next cig from the one being put out. She smoked 4-5 packs per day for 40+ years. She is now smoke free for one year. She is not nicotine free yet but is at the lowest level you can buy.

I believe that if you find something that works for you to help you quit then that is the way you should go.

Congratulations on your quitting. Will keep you in my thoughts.

0 Kudos
rainbow1-2

I was just wondering if any of you have used ecigs and if so do you think they have helped you to stop smoking or not?

0 Kudos
vena3

I used one for 6 months and wuit smoking but then at my new job I met smoking coworkers and started smoking with the

0 Kudos
vena3

I used one for 6 months and wuit smoking but then at my new job I met smoking coworkers and started smoking with the

0 Kudos