cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Distraction

Take your mind off smoking. find something you love to do!

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Giulia

Fascinating Mr. Spock.

0 Kudos
elvan

Oh, if ONLY.  We used to go to Corning to watch glass blowers, what an amazing talent that is.

0 Kudos

I'd love to try it.

0 Kudos
elvan

It is absolutely fascinating to watch and try to guess what they are doing!  I LOVED going there, they have a glass museum and they also give classes on glass blowing.  I have enough trouble blowing BUBBLES!

Look up Corning, New York.

0 Kudos

I watched a couple of their videos.

I just think it would be fun to work with glass.

I think you could easily learn from youtube videos. It's the google of how to do things.

I saw a torch for under $200 and a kiln for $250. Other than a metal top table an some glass shears and pliers and shaping tools, there doesn't seem to be a huge initial expense for a hobbyist.  🙂

0 Kudos

As a kid, I used to collect the little glass blown animals that you could find at nearly any amusement park.  Loved watching the artisans making them.  My mom never understood my fascination with them and always tried to persuade me to get something for a souvenir that she thought I should want.  I still have them tucked away somewhere.

Dale Chihuly is among my favorite artists.  Look him up if you are not familiar with his work, though I'm sure everyone is, even if not the name.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Fascinated, bedeviled and JEALOUS!