cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

skahle

Day one....

Today is my quit day... AHHHH! For the past 2 weeks I have been preping myself for this day... figuring out how long I can force myself not to smoke, but not pushing it as hard as I could I guess. I had saved one cigg. for last night for before bed so that I could say good-bye and make a big deal out of it. I fell asleep and never smoked it. Yikes, I woke up this am knowing it was there. It was hauting me. I smoked it. GRRR to me, but I was afraid that if I didn't do it now, I would. What if it was days into it and I found it. Yes, yes I should've broken it and thrown it away.. but maybe I needed it. Idk. After that things have been pretty easy. It made me feel horrible anyway. It wasn't until 1:00 when I finally gave in to smoking it and I coudn't smoke all of it at once b/c it made me feel all dizzy. But the rest of this day has been pretty good. No real problems keeping myself from not smoking. I kept myself busy with writing my feelings down. Since a lot of things are going on at home I do have a lot of stress at this point, but I have to remind myself that smoking won't help things. I know that this is just the begining, but maybe, just maybe I can do this!!! I can't imagine what it will be like to not be a slave to smoking.... I guess I've already lved it today. I woke up without smoking... ate without smoking. Sat outside and enjoyed this beautiful day with my kids wout smoking... I didn't go ne where today since smoking and driving are one of my big things... Tomorrow I go to my mothers house where there will be people there who smoke. That will be a HUGE test for me. If I can do that I can do anything. *sigh* Wish me luck! I'll post again tomorrow, being able to write all these feelings down is really helping. Whether anyone reads it or not, I can get this out and that's great!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
karenr

Good Luck, I quit yesterday at 8.45am and have not smoked one I have stopped so many times it is not even funny....i was on here 2 years ago and quit for 100 days then my business partner says lets smoke one I thought no big deal picked one up and started right back..I have COPD and my doctor says anyone that has smoked more then 10 years has it and does not even notice...My Mom died 04/05/2010 of cancer and I swore on her dying bed I would quit so this time it has to be the last time and I think I can because I cannot break a promise to her...g/l you can do it dont let those cigs beat you your bigger then them and alot smarter...Karen

0 Kudos