cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

darcie2

Day 5

Well it's day 5 and I'm doing pretty good. Ive tried quitting many times and I hope I get it right this time. My hardest times are mornings and at night after work. Just trying to stay strong.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
darcie2

Ya keep putting off that morning one longer and longer every day. Today was hard for me because my husband was home this morning and he smokes. So temping to just take one of his and smoke it. Someone at work told me last night that it takes a stronger person not to smoke that cig than it does to smoke it. That really helped me. She is planning on quiting tommorrow. Glad I will also have support at work. I guess I already have the support, but someone else will be going through it with me.
Are you planning on using meds? The patch has been a big help to me.
0 Kudos
leslie11

One of my biggest challenges is mornings too...my quit date is Sept.1, but I'm trying very hard to fight that battle a day at a time now so it won't be as hard later. Keep working at it! You can do it!
0 Kudos
leslie11

I do plan on using the patch to help. Then it's more a case of breaking the hand to mouth than losing the nicotine all at once. But I'm getting my gum stock ready, and preparing to get those carrot sticks, etc. I have found that I will have a lot of support at work as well. Nobody there that I know of is quitting, but several of them have tried before, so they understand what I'll be going through. Just have to stay strong and remember why I'm quitting. My roommate smokes as well, so it will be a challenge to not just take one of hers...but that's why I joined. I know I need help and who better than others who have gone/are going through the same thing!
0 Kudos