cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

speggs26505

Day 3 of bring a non smoker

Hey Guys, They finally got my blog to work. But today makes day 3 since i havent had a cig. The first day i thought was going to be rough. I started using my lozenges thinking they would taste like a mint but they didnt. So before my quit day i bought gum and mints to help with the urges. So i didnt have a smoke all day on my first day so i rewarded my self with a smoothe. Day 2 was alittle better. still having some urges but the lozenges im getting use to and still chewing and sucking on mits and gum. During that day i started noticing itching all over my body. So i called my coach for non smoking and he said that it could be a withdrawl from the nicotine. So on the 2nd day  i rewarded my self again with a piece of cheese cake. plus driving is becoming easier now since im not smoking that was my big down fall. And today day 3 i feel better than i have in a long while. I can breathe easier, i can do things with out pausing an say i need a smoke. So for now im doing good and proud of my self. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Tags (1)
6 Replies

That is something to be very proud of; 3 days!!!! I have found it difficult on Day 2! Brought me to my knees, hate to say & I caved. Very disappointed & angry. Will work on Day 1 again this Saturday. I envy you for making Day 3! Keep it up.

Strudel

Congrats on day 3! I'm not sure if you did the reading to prepare - but, if not, please check out the free course at http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

YoungAtHeart

Definitely do the reading suggested!  You will be amazed at how much it will help your quit to understand what nicotine does to your mind and body.  

Stay strong.  You CAN do this!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

SkyGirl

Hi, Speggs, and welcome to the wonderful world of ex-smoking!  You have passed a MAJOR milestone today; it takes approximately 72 hours for all the nicotine to leave your body.  Now, I don't know how much nicotine the lozenges put into your body, but do be proud that all the nicotine you inhaled via cigarettes is now out of your body!  Many people say that their third day is the most difficult.  So congratulations!

Please do the reading that Strudel recommends.  It has been proven over and over again here on this site that people who do the reading and follow the advice of Elders and EXperts here on this site have a far greater rate of success at staying quit.  The folks who don't bother to educate themselves, take a deep breath and just "hope this works" are the folks who most often start smoking again after a few days. 

Quitting successfully doesn't happen through "hope", "luck", "trying", etc.  Those are "it's out of my control" type of words, right?

Quitting successfully is a very simple formula.  Not always EASY, but definitely simple.  1) You make a DECISION to quit.   2) You COMMIT to your decision.  3)  You HONOR that decision, every minute of every hour of every day, no matter what happens in your life.

All three of those steps become much easier when you take the time to educate yourself about nicotine addiction.  Read the Allen Carr book.  It will flip your thinking about quitting.  Read the article "Nicotine Addiction 101" on whyquit.com.  It will help you understand why you THINK you NEED cigarettes.

And don't forget to depend upon the people you meet here on EX.  Reading blogs and posting your own blogs will strengthen your resolve and show you that you are not alone. 

Above all else...if you ever think you are going to give in and light up a cigarette, FIRST come here to EX and blog the word, "HELP".  Then wait for the support to roll in.  Giving 15 minutes to EX before smoking will probably keep you from throwing away your Quit.

Again, congrats on Day 3!!

Julia_Amy

Congrats on three days!  you know, it's a process.  It's not going to be a steady straight line up the graph chart, it will have minor ups and downs but its the trend you need to look for.  And that takes a bit more time.  Hang tough!  Give it a little time...we smoked all those years, surely we can quiting a little time, too?!  Keep coming here everyday, read, read, read!  When you are done reading....read some more!  It's pure power. 

Patty-cake

Hi Speggs,

You are in the right place for support. Congrats on day 3 of not smoking.

Keep doing what you're doing to stay free from smoking. Each day you don't smoke, your new routine becomes more solid. It's a lot of work in the beginning, but as you see, it doesn't take long to start seeing some of the benefits. In fact, as the days and weeks continue, you will see even more benefits that you didn't even image. One of my favorite benefits was the increase in self-esteem. It's like magic.

So keep at it, more of the good stuff will follow. 🙂