cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nummyk

Day 3 as an ex

Hello all.I have been an ex smoker since Oct 26,2013. I have tried to quit many times before but this is the last time! I have made the decision that I can, want and need to never take another puff again. I came to the realization that I do not want, and maybe more importantly, I dont NEED cigarettes. When I stopped lying to myself and stopped pretending that all my exscuse were anything but just what they are, exscuses, I found freedom from nicotene addiction. It has been easy at times and hard at times, but I know I can do this. I have nothing to lose, only to gain. I celebrate every single craving I get through and keep a ticker on my phone so I can see all the cigarettes I have saved myself from smoking and all the money I have saved my family! Its amazing to me just how much I took from my family as a smoker. I didnt just take money from my family but I also lived my life around smoking. Im sure you all know exactly what I mean. We couldnt go on long road trips without having to stop so I could smoke, or dreading going anywhere that was non-smoking, movies, restaurants, anywhere. I have found freedom. A couple weeks of dicomfort for a lifetime of freedom???? Heck yeah baby! I stopped biting my nails last summer. This was something I had done since I was a little girl. I never thought I would stop. But I did! And I realized, if I could stop biting my nails than I could stop smoking cigarettes. I found the confidence, the support and the right reasons to finally put those cigarettes down for good. I wish you all luck and will take any advice you would like to share. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sharikomm

AWESOME!!!  I wish I had advice but I recieved some encouragment from you.  Thank you and Congrats!!!

0 Kudos