cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hksmith

Day 2

I have been smoke free for 2 days and 7 hours.  I am struggling.  My hubby is not quitting and the cigarettes, lighters and ashtrays are all still hanging out on my back deck where we both smoked.  How do those of you that have stayed quit do it with a smoker still at home?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
amyz28

If it were me, I would stay away from the smoker whenever I could for the first few days.  If he's on the porch smoking then be in the bedroom reading.  I'm sorry that your husband isn't quitting with you, that must make it difficult.  I hear over and over that the first three days are the hardest by far, and you're almost done with the hardest part!  Hang in there, you can do it.  Keep telling yourself that, and remember why you quit in the first place.  This may sound kind of odd, but when I needed to remember why I quit in the first place, I googled images of cancerous lungs.  It's horrifying!  That helped me, even though it was kind of harsh, lol.

Stay strong!

Amy

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

Hooray for 2 days and welcome to the site.  I suggest that you click on Blogs tab at the top of the page and post there.  Many more folks will see it and comment than here.  You will also find more blogs to read that will help you deal with living with someone who is still smoking.

0 Kudos
anniej

Today is day 3 for me.  Yesterday was horrible.  I'm feeling not as stressed today & hoping that it gets better from here

0 Kudos

I hope you still smoke free. If not, start quiting again.

I quit in 2009 thanks to this site and my wife still smokes.   She smokes outside and keeps her cigs up in a cupboard out of site.    At this point I no longer have cravings but I still appreciate not having to see it

0 Kudos