cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

vickys79

Day 1

Today is my quit date. So far, it's not too bad.  I'm wearing a patch.  I received an e-cigarette for Christmas. I will use that only if it is an emergency and I'm afraid I will cave. I usually go outside at 10:00 am for a cigarette. I think that will be my first hurdle.  I think it will be easy not to smoke at work. It will be tougher when I get home after work.  I'm sure I'll be back then looking for moral support.

Day 1 and counting.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimn365

tomorrow is my date. I wish you success, and me too. I noticed, when I quit for six weeks over the summer, that a deep relaxing breath when the urge got strong helped with the need in the moment. Whatever works.

sincere regards

0 Kudos
vickys79

Well...I made it past break time and had a quick craving after I finished lunch. Just stuck a piece of gum in my mouth and went back to work. So far it has not been too bad.

0 Kudos
patsy4

This morning I woke up at 7:30 am and now it is 12:25pm.  I hav smoked at least 6 cigerettes so far. Yesterday i tried to stop.  I am using a homopathic remedy.  I think it does work, but I still smoke.  I can feel i can not smoke the whole cigerette at first.

I finished my last cigerette about 20 minutes ago.  I broke most of the cigerettes in the pack so i would not smokw anymore.

0 Kudos
patsy4

I know I am suppose to wait a month to stop but i have been stopping off and on so many times, i feel i just need to get off my booty and DO THIS and stop this habit. 

0 Kudos