cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anna20

Community Help

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my new friends here at Ex! I hope that everyone who wants to be smoke free in 2009 will succeed.

Anna
0 Kudos
183 Replies
mouglygirl2

I rejoined again today after several attempts to quit.. wish me luck

0 Kudos
bk10

today is quit day!! hope it works this time

0 Kudos
louise-irene

Set several quit dates, but none stuck.  Still working hard on triggers, trigger breakers and tracking in hopes it helps.  Reaching out on EX site and know it will work.  I thank all of you for inspiring me and keeping me focused on my soon to be quit date.

0 Kudos
stmand92

I am a new to this site but have tried to quit 3 times already. It lasted a couple of months before i would start back again. The first 3 tries I did in the winter months and with the patch and chantix. I have never been successful through the spring and summer. There are more parties and time to enjoy the outside during the cool months which would trigger my smoking. I am hoping that if I could get through the next 5 months that I can be done with smoking.

My brother was recently diagnosed with Larynx cancer and this hit really close to home. 90% of my family smokes so it is hard to get away from.

I moved my quit date from May 5th to April 28th because I took my Chantix yesterday. I have started tracking cigarettes and paying close attention to triggers so I can make small changes. I'm also going to try to take daily walks to alleviate stress.

I'm scared of failing again.

0 Kudos
liana3

i slipped up a few times but tomorrow will be my quiting day this time work my hardest off on not smoking coffee is my trigger in the morning if i don't have coffee i will do ok understand is not easy to quit but i know i will do it  this time 

0 Kudos
alex0615

Started my plan today and thinking of starting early have my patches,longenzes,and medication I can fight this addiction.

0 Kudos
Carol5

Today is my Day 40!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud. This is my first quit and it WILL be my last. I turn 34 in June and I want to spend all of waking hours spending them with my daughters (14 & 6).

NML (No Man's Land) is not easy but it is not undo able. This is day 30-130days after your quit. First 3 days were the worse and the days got so much better. It hit 72 in Pennsylvania yesterday, so I made my garden so beautiful and took my children to the skating rink.

IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I AM NOT A SMOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO PROUD

Carol

0 Kudos
mouse2010

I just set my quit date today and my girlfriends from school along with my hubby have been awesome enough to agree to be my suport system. It is not the best time to quit but if I don't now I may never do it. I am a full time student and am about to start my externship in a couple of months so I thought I might as well try it. I hope it works. I am actually terrified because I am not the nicest person when I do not have my smokes

0 Kudos
deni4

This is my first time ever posting anything online. I have been a smoker for 27 and years and over the past 5 years, I have quit many times, but not for good. Yesterday I called a quit-line for a coach and one thing led to another and I found this website, so I set a quit date for May 20, 2014. I have used every NRT and Chantix in the past at one time or another. I will be using the patch this time. I really want this to be the last time I quit.

0 Kudos
linda.mustafa

Tomorrow will be my 27th day, I am exhausted because I'm not sleeping very much as I'm having some breathing problems right on the onset of sleep.

Did anybody else experienced this? I'll apreciate any advice!

Saw my GP today but she was not sure what could it be 😞 Having a blood test recommended.

Overall it's going fine but i must say that  I'm struggling to stay positive but I'm very determined to succeed 🙂

0 Kudos