cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anna20

Community Help

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my new friends here at Ex! I hope that everyone who wants to be smoke free in 2009 will succeed.

Anna
0 Kudos
183 Replies
sherr012007

i want to quit smoking and desperately need help.

0 Kudos
dougscleaning

I just joined this site today and my quit date is April 8th, I am also taking chantix and i have tried to quit numerous times and have failed, I am more scared of what to when getting an urge and giving in to my urge. And I have really no idea what life is without a ciggerette as a ciggerette has been apart of my life for 30 years, I am a highly addictive person own my own buiness so yes I have alot of stress, And hoping with becomeanex and chantix i can finally kick the habit. Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Doug

0 Kudos
Carol5

I am getting closer to my 34th birthday and was smoking since I was 15 yrs. I am happy to say that I am now on my 19th day of quitting. I have regained my life and freedom. 

Take your time with yourself. We are in this together. Hugs to you all.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Carol

0 Kudos
1brok356

I made it through 4 days and then today I bought another pack.  I am so upset with myself.  I want to quit and stay that way.  Now I will be starting over again tomorrow.  I am finding this extremely hard.  And now I am really angry!!  Not even really sure why I felt the need to get some today.  UGH....just want to cry.

0 Kudos
dougscleaning

Well tomorrow is my quit date and I am scared as hell and having a hard time throwing away ash trays and anything that has to do with smoking, I  must say though i feel my chantix is starting to work and feel very confident with all the support from  Chantix and Becomeanex i will be successfull this time.If someone has some good adice I am listening

0 Kudos
awardlow

I am trying to quit smoking and I need all the support and advice I can get.  Please pray for me and provide me with any tips you may have for quitting and staying quit.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
terryl2

My quit date is 4-15-14. Feeling hopeful, nervous, and ready.

0 Kudos
tricia30

I am looking forward to a future with out ciggarettes!  I start April 15th. It has to work this time.  I will make it work this time.

0 Kudos
jean79

This is my day2 yesterday it was so hard to not think of a cigarette i have got some gum it helps

0 Kudos
tinab3

Today is my 6th day--I am finding today to be difficult probably because my boys do not have school tomorrow and both went over to friends to play and hubby is not home from work yet and it is just me and the dog.  I am embarassed to say how long I have been smoking but it has been aLONG time.  20 + years---I have quit over the years several times once for almost 2 years and then started back up--STUPID.  I am hoping this time is for good.  I did have to stop for gas and paid at the pump--a small step but one in the right direction.  Hoping to meet some people going through the same things.

0 Kudos