cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anna20

Community Help

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my new friends here at Ex! I hope that everyone who wants to be smoke free in 2009 will succeed.

Anna
0 Kudos
183 Replies
fallentrinity

Day one for me today. Seventeen and a half hours. Using the stage two patch, and it is helping. Been smoking since I was 11 myself...so 33 years now. Almost my entire life. I don't know how to be anything but a smoker yet, and I don't know if I can do this. I am utterly despising this right now. I didn't want to quit, but health issues made it necessary...I saw my doctor this morning, and it was she who had called with the results of in-depth blood work. She had told me that quitting would improve the issues, so I got patches and started this morning. When I saw her later in the morning, the first thing I said was that I wanted to punch her for telling me what was wrong...I may have been better off not knowing. Pretty upset tonight. Sorry for rambling all...I hope this program helps. Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos
candyclay

I just joined this site today.. My quit date is April 14th, & I am already depressed.  I dont want to quit, but really need to, for health reasons.  Hopefully this site will help, along with some new friends...   

Good luck everyone!   

0 Kudos
Carol5

Today is my day 9 of becoming smokefree. I cannot believe how much energy I have and the way I breathe. I am so proud that I choose to start this journey. It may not be easy every day, but I know that it will not always be hard either.

I enjoy running behind Dezarae or doing cheers with Christal without worrying if I will fall over dead. I am only 33, and I was feeling like I was 100 on my bad days before I chose to stop smoking. I didn't want to stop smoking at first either. I started the Chantix and was amazed that the second day of the "blue" pill I woke up not needing a cigarette. Now I am on Day 9. Hard to believe how fast this first week has come and gone.

Stay with it.....you shall succeed. Minute by minute, hour by hour, or day by day. Whatever works.

Carol

0 Kudos
trudyd

I quit 54 days ago after smoking 46 years..........basically I have smoked my whole life!I quit cold turkey and yes it's very difficult but I try to deep breath and approach it as one day at a time setting mini goals.My last cigarette was on Ground Hog Day...now I am working on getting thru Lent.I wish everyone good luck.It's never easy to change old habits and get rid of addictions !

0 Kudos

I have a quit date is April 20th.... I have followed the suggestions on the website and have added a couple of things for myself. I began not smoking in the car yesterday and so far so good, today I am going to start counting the cigarettes. I don't smoke a whole cigarette at once... I only have 4 or 5 drags off a cigarette and put it out....I started that about a month and half ago. I think it helps that I smoke America Spirit cigarettes because there aren't any additives in them and it takes a long time to smoke them. So, it harder to keep track of how many whole cigarettes I smoke. So, I am going to start keeping track today.

0 Kudos

I am trying to quit smoking i need all the advice i can get my quit day that i have set up is next tuesday. My mom passed away on 2007 from lung cancer and i dont want my kids to have to go through that any advice on e-cigs or what is the best way to quit . I am pregnant with my second child and this is something i ant to do for me and my family

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!! My name is Tracy and I've been smoking for 16yrs and I not only need to quit ,I finally want to quit. I want a healthier life style plus I'm sick of smelling like an ashtray. I have alot of lil cousins and nieces and nephews that I want to see grow up.

So any advice is welcomed to help me get through this I know it's not easy I've tried it before and failed three times but I'm determined to change my life style and habits.I'm not only quitting smoking I'm changing all my bad habits .

0 Kudos
Carol5

Something that may help more to understand the pain I am going through.

Thank you all. I am so happy to see what you have to say. It helps me to get through my good and not so good days.

The habit of it all is horrible and it messes with our brain with being such a mental addition. It pains me that I have allowed SOMETHING to control my life for so long. It is like running away from an abusive relationship with no justice system to intervene. You make a choice to remove the potency of it, and yet it comes into your home through the shadows of the darkness. It visits you while you are with friends at night, or even shows up a your place of work without an invite. Tries to seduce you in all aspects of your life. If this was a man that your daughter dated, what would you do to save her? How can you do that with an invisible and silent killer that was and still is a everyday nightmare that is impossible to shake loose?

This is just one of the ways I found that makes the most sense in explaining smoking to a non-smoker. I was just as uneducated about the addicts of a drug addict. NOW, I understand.....shame on all of me for allowing this control when God is to be my #1!!!!!

Love you all dearly,  Carol 

0 Kudos

Hey all i have been looking into alot of ways to quit finally my husband and i deciced to look into the vapor cigs we researched and made sure to get the oil that is natural with vegie oil and nicotine we started with a low dose and i tnought oh ya wr have tried so many other things in the padt that there is no way this is going to work but we started it this past sateray and neither of us has had a cig since it may not be for everyone but so far it is working and my husband said that the smell of regular cigs smells wful to him now even though it hasent been bt a couple of days i can ay i am already feeling better than i did 

0 Kudos
amartin35

Today is my 1rst day I can do this I just need lots of support

0 Kudos