cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anna20

Community Help

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my new friends here at Ex! I hope that everyone who wants to be smoke free in 2009 will succeed.

Anna
0 Kudos
183 Replies

Here is the link to a GREAT group for beginners!!

Help understanding the website

Help understanding quit plans

Help with anything you need

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/groups/5933828/welcome-committee-must-have-info-for-new-members/

0 Kudos
yingyang1168

Hi my name is Paula and I am ready to quit!!!! I have a significant other that doesnt like cigarettes or the smell and really is allergic to the smoke.  I dont smoke in the house, or in the vehicles.  Besides all of that I lost an Aunt last year to lung cancer.  I am really ready to quit!!! I have just graduated college with my associates degree and as I look for jobs I see that some employers want smoke free employees....I want to be a smoke free employee!!!

0 Kudos

John just started today 5-19

0 Kudos
beauty49

Hello everyone,

My name is marvette this is my first day as a member. I have been a smoker for many years. I have try to quit in the past however something  always seem to come up that stresses me out and my ftrst reaction is to get a cigarette. Well today is the day to stop putting off the goal to stop smoking and start reacting. My date I have picked is July 5 2013. I know it going to be a challege but i have to do this due to health issues and my children.

0 Kudos
reita_evans

Hi 😉 My name is Reita...this is my first day here!! I need ideas on how to change my habits or "triggers"...I have started taking Chantix and on Wed. will be my first none smoke day. I'm just out of ideas on what to do at certain trigger times. What do you all do? Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
sjvan65

My name is Jan,I want to join u group.my date is July 1.Thanks,I need u help

0 Kudos

PLEASE JOIN US AT THE BARNFIRE.... CLICK ON THIS LINK AND READ IT TO FIND OUT HOW TO BE WITH US  (IN THE BLOGS SECTION) ON FRIDAY.  FEEL FREE TO PRIVATE MESSAGE ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.  

THIS BONFIRE IS A GREAT WAY TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM SMOKING, A GREAT WAY TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER, AND ITS USUALLY FUN AND A BIT SILLY. PLEASE COME!!!  

CLICK THIS LINK FOR MORE INFO:

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/6253497/bonfire-and-how-it-works

0 Kudos

New people to this site may have issues navigating it and finding us all.   We all hang out in the "Blogs" section.  Just above your name and avatar picture click on the Blogs tab, then down a little on the left side, in blue, t says "write a blog".   Just write a blog to say hi, and maybe tell us how you plan to quit or why you plan to quit, or anything about yourself that you feel comfortable telling us. That way we will know that you're here.

This site is the BEST online support group for quitting. We have people with YEARS smoke free, months, days, hours, and quit dates in the future. We all want to help and support, and share what has worked and what we've seen not work.  

NO ONE cares about spelling, grammar, complete sentences, or anything like that.  Blog happy thoughts, sad, or mad thoughts.  Blog if you need help understanding the site, or any  help at all. Blog so we know you are here and can welcome you!!

Blog to get to know us, or to simply keep a record of your quit journey for yourself.

Support is very important, please take advantage of this awesome site and blog, blog, blog!!

~Jordan~ 

quit  11/1/12

0 Kudos
aries2

Now 35 days smoke-free with no aids, gum, patches, etc. Really getting into yoga that I usually do.Definitely quit coffee -- I drink water or green tea. I have a couple of questions for the group.

1. Have you gotten any headaches in the first month of quitting?

2. I still have urges but do my yoga breathig when they come.

3. Typically when do the urges and headaches subside?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Aries... CONGRATULATIONS on 35 days!!!    You're now entering No Mans Land.  PLEASE check out these links, explaining this phaze of your quit. Its so important to kow what to expect so that you can be ready for it.... and so that you'll know that its only temporary. MANY people get discouraged and lose their quits between month 1 and 4 because they don't have this info, so please check it out!  And, in the BLOGS section of site, Sarah posts a "NML" blog every Wednesday to talk about the issues of No Mans Land (30 days to 130/140 days)

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/3559619/no-mans-land-days-30130to-prepare-you-not-scare...

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/5413417/knowledge-is-power-know-your-enemy

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/3713880/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months

Any urges you have now are purely mental. ITs the hardest part of quitting, really, to re-train our brains to a new normal. Breathing through them is great!  Kicking those thoughts out of our minds is soo important. Try self talk. Its like brainwashing yourself. When an urge comes, say aloud something like, "I don't do that anymore." and then refocus onto something else. We have all these smoking memories that we need to make new memories. When I first quit, the smell of coffee made me crave.... so I popped a sugarless mint. After a few months, the smell of coffe made me want a mint. LOL But its sooo much easier to give those up than cigs!!

Cold and flu symptoms like headaches is common the first few weeks of quitting, but I would check with your doctor soon about them. Did you give up or cut down on caffine? That will give you headaches, too.

0 Kudos