cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

allaboutme

Cold Turkey on Tuesday evening, coupled with...

new gym membership and cardio Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and tonight!  I failed miserably at quitting with the patch and Wellbutrin(sp?) 9 years ago, so I quit cold turkey when I joined a gym and followed the "Body for Life" program.  I remained smoke-free for two years, and cannot remember the ultimate trigger that overcame me 7 years ago.  Nevertheless, here I am again and I believe this time I will remain an ex.  I am not a good candidate for the patch or a drug, but I know I am a good candidate for the gym, so this combination will work for me.  When I quit on Tuesday, I was smoking 1 pack per day @ appr. $8.42 per pack ~ mainly during my 2 hour each way commute to work and once I got home (outside though... I have a no smoking indoor home).  Although I still need to completely detail my car and rewash certain clothes, I’m overcoming my triggers by re-directing thoughts and changing my routine where possible.  I'm also working on remaining level headed and not making irrational decisions/comments 🙂

M.Ann

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EllenMT

Hi, we all hang out in the blogs, why don't you copy and paste this as a new blog, you will get many more responses and a lot more help.  Also on your home page you might want to include information about how much, how long you smoked, etc. There are a lot of good people here to help you.

0 Kudos
allaboutme

Hi Ellen - So... just copy/paste and open a blog - okay, will try that.  I will also update my home page.  Thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos
zinamarie

You are doing great.  I'm right behind you on day two.  Sounds like you are doing all the right things.  Hang in there.  Wash those clothes and detail that car.

0 Kudos