cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisaml

Coffee tastes weird

has anyone found that their coffee isn't as "satisfying" since quitting? I know they go together like peanut butter and jelly, but I thought I had read that quitting might make "us" more sensitive to caffeine. 

Just wondering if any other coffee-holics are falling out of love with coffee since quitting. 

xox 

34 Replies
Lisaml

I think you and I are kindred spirits. That's how I feel right now- just SAD because I love my coffee- but it is so completely unsatisfying. 😕 

maybe an espresso machine? 

Roller831

This too shall pass.....promise!

TW517

I drank too much coffee before I quit smoking.  Now I drink way, way too much!  I'm like roller831‌, and drink it all day long almost til bedtime.  I have found that I like it stronger since I've quit.  At least, stronger tasting.  My doc convinced me to go half de-caf most of the time.  If I use a strong dark roast, or use an extra tablespoon or 2, I can't even tell it's half de-caf.

I haven't associated cigarettes with coffee since you could smoke in restaurants.  So I didn't feel the need to cut back on coffee early in my quit.  In fact, just the opposite.  A strong cup would help me get over the cravings for a smoke.

Lisaml

Same! All day long!!!:-) 

Lisaml

Argh you guys!! 

Ive come to the conclusion mine SHOULD taste better too. 

Therefore i I should take my savings and buy an espresso machine. 

😉 

I used to drink it all the time. Since I quit smoking 2.5 years ago, I hardly drink it. I switched to tea. I’m not sure if it has to do with smoking or changing my diet. I would put a ton of cream and sugar so I wanted to stop that addiction

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I gave up coffee the first couple months and drank tea instead. Not so much because of the taste, more because I associated the coffee with a cigg to much. Another trigger. I still drink coffee but now prefer tea

Kimshine

I was just telling my friend this morning that my coffee is tasting particularly awesome today! 

Lisaml

Happy FOR you - waiting for the day;-) 

i know it's coming! I refuse to believe the only reason I love coffee was the smoke that went with it.... can't be, right?! 

emilyt123078

I agree. The two go hand in hand. I can only drink one cup in the am, and even that is too much.  I don't know what I'll do now.....Maybe tea?