cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rachael6

Chewing Tobacco

i don't chew but i'm here if need help. just let me know!!!
Labels (1)
35 Replies
thomas8

well its been one day and one hour since i used a pinch and im eating my house lol
0 Kudos
DOCmarkC

When I was smoking I always carried a can with me. I used to chew whenever smoking was inconvienient. Primarily I was a smoker, but nicotine is nicotine.
0 Kudos
big-al

I chew, (dip), whenever I cannot smoke. A nicotine addict for sure. I'm confident that a large pinch of wintergreen long cut tobacco settled between cheek and gum delivers much more nicotine to the blood stream than cigarettes. Especially when it rests there absorbing into my bloodstream for a couple of hours. Glad to see that there are some other smokers here that also get their nicotine through chewing and dipping. I'm sure that there are circumstances, triggers and obstacles that non chewers just can't relate to. Hope to give and get support here when needed.
0 Kudos
jeffrey

Big Al I chew when its inconvienient to smoke, I have nicotine all day long, I am an addict, I hope to quit on Good Friday,
0 Kudos
neil-russell

I chew about 5 cans a week I started when I was 10 (I am 42)and switched to smoking when I was 16 smoked for about 8 years and went back to chewing. I made the decision today to stop being a slave to my habit, it's gonna be the hardest thing I have ever done but I hope that I hope that I can do it
0 Kudos
Demando

I'm only 21, I had started chewing when I was 17. It got to the point where I was chewing a tin a day easily...I quit cold turkey, and it was hell for a month or so...but it's possible! And if you're going to chew...Chew Skoal or Copenhagen, that cheap shit will rip apart your mouth. a.k.a Grizzley is all I used to chew haha
0 Kudos
jay3

27 year-old, 7 year one tin/day dipper. No one knows (except old college buddies). Somehow I've even been able to keep it hidden from the GF, family, and most friends. I think that's going to make it tougher to quit. Maybe that's one thing that makes us different from smokers, the scent isn't seeping from our skin. It's really the one thing I don't like about myself.
0 Kudos
dewey

if you fall out of love with something or someone you will eventually get a divorce. The stuff was just not my friend anymore. chewed and smoked with the patch on... Gawd what an addiction. Life is so sweet now
0 Kudos
dave-stoffer

Been dipping 17 years but just cant get the monkey off my back. any sucess stories?
0 Kudos
dave23

Hello,

I've chewed Redman and Beechnut for 27 years! We got a new tax on tobbacco in Texas and it went up $3.00 a pouch last September!

Any of you had luck quitting? I'd appreciate any advice.
0 Kudos